1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's foxnews interview

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm in the process of it as we speak. Yes, unprovoked. They inhabited the land that was promised to them.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to have a lot of pride in your Christianity, webdog. The apostle Paul told us to not think of ourselves more highly than we ought.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to read why they were promised the land. It was not a capricious act on God's part and not unprovoked.

Personally, I don't consider myself to be a better Christian than Senator Obama or you.

#63 KenH, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have pride who my christianity is IN...Christ. I see Obama's pride of what he does and how long he can be a member of the same church.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

So, can you state that Obama is definitely NOT a Christian?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can state that by what he refers to as being a christian is not what a christian is. It makes no difference how long you are a member of one church.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Don't let it get to you. People like Steaver and Web dog talk big, sitting behind a computer. :laugh: But, that's all it is, talk! If they were to come face to face with Obama or most other democrats, they would be as meek as a lamb. :laugh:

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I don't care if he is atheist or buddhist...we are electing a political leader, not a pastor.

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Right-wing logic at work. :laugh:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...if I were to come face to face with him, I'd be able to gauge his "christianity" by how he responds to my direct questions and his testimony.

If you are talking about physically intimidating...at 6'1" 225 lbs I'd hardly be intimidated :)

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Being 6' 1" tall and weighing 225 lbs. is hardly a giant, but I was not talking about a physical confrontation. Just curious, as a Christian do you feel the need to resort to violence in order to glorify your Lord?

Most people, including myself, are much bolder when the person with whom we are disagreeing is not physically in our presence. I think it is just something that is inadvertent. This is one reason we need to be careful what we post; it is very easy to appear angry and full of hate when that is not at all the intention.

BTW, to actually gage someone's Christianity, one must do more than ask questions. It is how we live that is the real testimony, not what we say.

12. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then what is the point in posting this.....

...if you would be the same way?

If you would be the same then you made no point of value. You yourself are "People like Steaver and Webdog".

God Bless! :wavey:

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, what we say must line up with what we do. If I say I am against abortions then I must show that I am against abortions by rejecting any kind of support for abortions.

If I on the other hand say I am against abortions but then support a candidate to represent me who is for abortion on demand, then I nullified my words that I am against abortion and they are found to be untrue.

What I say is not matching up with what I actually do.

God Bless! :thumbs:

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As for Obama, he "says" he is not a racist. Yet he fellowships with a obviously racist congregation. Just look at the video clips of the congregation cheering as Wright spews out his racist rhetoric. This makes Obama out to be a liar and a "fair speech" deliverer only candidate. HIs actions do not measure up to his words.

God bless! :thumbs:

15. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Good point. I think however the degree to which we understand our propensity for "hiding behind the keyboard," so to speak, affects how we speak towards others.

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Only to someone to whom there is only black and white...no nuances or shades of gray. Binary thinking leads to an all or nothing mentality. "If I can't have cake and ice cream for dessert, then I'll not eat the cake."

17. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Can I have it? I love cake! :laugh:

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, and that would be the apostles speakiing on behalf of Jesus Christ. I will follow what they say on these issues. "nuances or shades of gray" are excuses to "do as self pleases".

God Bless! :thumbs:

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

When ever I see this logic being used here it only seems to apply to abortion. It seems we can disagree with a candidate on other issues and still support them generally but if we disagree on abortion then I am to stay away from every fibre of your being.

By the way, it is possible for a person to be against abortion and still support a candidate who is for abortion without nullifying my words. It just means I agree with that person on the majority of other issues but not their position on abortion.

Go by the thread on grace robbers and take a good read. Your logic is exactly what that thread is about.

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) No, he is not.

2) No person's actions always measure up to his/her words - including mine and yours.