1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's foxnews interview

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Self always wants to rationalize why it is ok to say one thing and do another.

The word of God states......Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].

Is Obama doing a work of darkness by casting his vote for abortion on demand? Answer would be yes. Can Obama cast a vote for this work of darkness if "we the people" refuse to vote for Obama? Answer is no. Our vote cast for Obama is giving aid to the works of darkness. It's that simple to follow.

Would you vote for Hitler because you liked his economic policies even though you did not agree on his extermination of the Jews? I doubt it. Certain things are so ungodly that they are to be rejected in all ins and outs.

Abortion is not a debateable view for a Christian like say economics or war. Abortion is murder and it goes dirrectly against God's word so for a Christian it must be a deal breaker, unlike health care or SSI or many other issues which may be deliberated among Christians.

So one cannot say they are against abortions and then support a pro-abortion on demand candidate without violating God's word.

I highly doubt it would cause me to abandon God's word on this subject. All of my positions are taken from a good read of God's word andallowing it to shape my views.

God Bless! :thumbs:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) No.

2) No.

3) Yes, he/she can.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Care to give scripture as to support your answers?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible is about salvation and spending eternity with God, not politics.

You diminish the gospel of our Lord when you drag it down to nothing more than political posturing.

I refuse to play political games with the Holy Scriptures.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is also about Christian living and conduct. Let Christ have His way in your politics to Ken. He wants you to glorfy Him in everything you do!

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I admit that I fail often in that regard. How about you?

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do. And I know you cannot see my personal life, but if you see my posting out of line with God's view please feel free to help me see the truth in God's word about it. I don't want to hold any views that are contrary to Christ. I have in the past, was shown my error, and repented.

Until I learned to humbly accept correction I couldn't learn a thing. Until I humbly accepted correction God could not and did not teach me a thing.

Jam 1:5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

God Bless! :wavey:

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I never saw the verse that says thou shalt not have an abortion so I must assume the foundation for this belief is where you said abortion is murder. Why is murder not debatable when it comes to abortion but is very debatable when it comes to sending young men to die in an unknown country to give democracy to people who never asked for it and doesn't seem to want it?

I guess my problem is the double standard by which scripture is interpreted and used around here. If murder is wrong then let's join forces against all forms of murder. Cpitol punishment and war = ok. Abortion = abomination.

The verse you used, Eph 5:11 in a nut shell means light and darkness can't co-exist. If you are going to be a child of light then you should have no part in any darkness. How can one form of what you call murder, abortion, be so much darkness that you say it's non-debatable but then you can willfully accept other forms of murder and say they are the will of God? Is God the author of confusion?

#88 LeBuick, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2008
  9. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Fighting for ones country in war is not murder.

Killing a defenseless baby is.

The soldiers in Iraq are serving a noble cause...the people who kill their babies are cowards and only kill them because they dont want the responsibilty of a child.

AJ

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Come now. There is no verse that says the Lord your God is a Trinity God either. Let's stick with the facts and the fact is that "Abortion" as it is used here is the killing of a "innocent" human life. That is by definition "murder".

Killing an "innocent" life is a murder. Crystal clear according to the bible. If you want to deliberate war and if it is biblically ok or not then begin with the scriptures on war and let us begin.

Provide the scriptures and let's roll.

I don't accept any form of murder. Murder is the killing of innocent human life. If I kill another in self defense it is not murder even though I killed them. As for the death penalty, we would have to consult the word of God on that one and would probably have strong points for both sides.

So the "double standard" argument does not exist.

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Where did you get that definition?

I tought murder was the killing of a human by a human?

Does your definition only apply to abortion or does the innocent people who die in the war count as "innocent human life?"

How about if the commander in cheif irresponsibly commits troops to die. Do they count as innocent life?

Is their innocent life after birth or can you only qualify pre-birth?

How?

Show me scripture that says life begins in the womb? I believe one is born into life.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What nobel cause are we fighting in Iraq? Are we still looking for the weapons of mass destruction? We know Bin Laden lead the 9/11 attacks, so we make our nobel cause killing Saddam Hussein? Is bringing democracy to a people who never asked for or seem to want it a nobel cause?

Show me the scripture that says murder is ok if you have a nobel cause?

Also, I generally agree with you about abortion and I don't support it either. However, not all abortions are performed "because they dont want the responsibilty of a child". There are medical reasons for abortions which since I'm not a doctor I can't say if their valid or not.

13. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

The moral question stems from "abortion on demand", noone argues that a mother should knowingly die to carry a baby full term.

Wow, according to your definition of "murder", God sure did instruct His people to commit murder alot???????? Even to kill the children and animals in one engagement.

Killing and murder are not always the same thing.

AJ

14. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You thought wrong. Murder is the killing of innocent life. The Bible clearly makes distinctions between murder, accidental death, killing in self-defense, and killing in war. And the penalties for each are diffferent, showing us that there is a distinction. These examples from the Law, while not directly applicable today as the Law, show us that God does make the distinctions that you do not. These things have generally been recognized in civilized society.

People who die in war are generally considered accidental death unless they are specifically targeted.

No. They are soldiers in an army fighting a war. War, by biblical teaching, is different than murder.

Yes, there is innocent life before and after death. "Innocent life" in murder discussions has to do with immediate causation.

Because in immediate causation, the question, "Did the person do anything might have legitimately led to his death?" For instance, getting killed in the middle of breaking into someone's house in the middle of the night means you are not innocent life. Being a bystander in a driveby shooting means you are innocent life. Capital punishment is just retribution according to God, to demonstrate the value of human life.

You believe wrong. Biblically, the Bible says that God forms man in the womb. The baby is a person when God is forming it in the womb. Scientifically, the baby in the womb is a completely distinct person with its own DNA.

So on both counts, life begins at conception.

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Oh, you mean like this?

Looks like you mixed your politics with religion, Ken. I guess your refusal to "play political games" like this is only prospective in nature and doesn't apply to posts that occurred just one day prior?

#95 Andy T., Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Hang in there Ken. Looks like the piranhas are still not finished eating! :laugh:

17. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

If this is a Christian Board then perhaps it is you who is a piranha trying to eat God's goldfish.

Lucky for us, there are alot more goldfish here than there are piranhas.

AJ

18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I am a Christian, as is KenH.

19. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I am just going to be honest.

With the anti-Bible and ungodly filth that you spew......

[questioning of salvation snipped]

AJ

#99 ajg1959, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2008
  20. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

It is against the rules to question anther poster's salvation.

Do you also think KenH is not a Christian? How about LeBuick who said that life begins at birth, not conception. Is he also not a Christian?

#100 dragonfly, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008