1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's foxnews interview

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

They have not gone to the lengths that you have. Ken admits that abortion and homosexuality is wrong but has other reasons for backing the dems....

You, though, have promoted homosexualiuty, abortion and even profanity on this board.

I disagree with Ken and MP on political issues, but I <personal attack deleted - LE> on your immoral, ungodly issues.

And in this case, the ungodly message that you are trying to get across, and the childish, profanic way you are doing it, are more important to me that the board rules.

If you are really saved, then why dont you drop this animosity and stop acting childish.

AJ

AJ

#101 ajg1959, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2008
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I assumed every Christian knew about Psalms 139...

but maybe not. :BangHead:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not sure if you're joking or serious but if serious can you tell me which verse. If it is similar to Jer 1:5 he says the Lord knew him BEFORE he was in the womb. God knew each of us before time began so to say he knew you in the womb doesn't mean conception equals life any more than saying I was alove before time.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

LeBuick, I have made this same point vis-a-vis this particular passage, which doesn't say what some read into it. It is quite a leap from point A to point B!

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

And you have scripture to support any of these theories?

Two things to consider about war. There is war with purpose then there is senseless fighting and killing. War also has combatants and non-combatants. Remember the Nuremberg trails or the My Lai massacre during Vietnam? That was soldiers committing murder because they killed innocent unarmed non-combatants. Also, particularly in Iraq, there are innocent bystanders dying each day. I would have to disagree and say there is murder even during war or the term "War Crimes" wouldn't exist. Also, it is murder to go to war for no legitimate cause.

My point is this, a lot of you seem so pationate about an unborn child "dying" but don't seem to care about all the innocent living people who are dying all over the world. This includes the gang infested streets of this country. I won't go into my belief on when life begins but let's say most of you are right and abortion is murder. Using the Bible to say God is against murder would mean you should equally denounce all forms of murder and not just abortion. Picking out one form of murder is selectively applying the Word of God.

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Of course. It is all well supported by the Bible. I can't imagine that you are unfamiliar with the biblical distinctions between these things.

Of course.

Yes.

Yes.

Who are you disagreeing with? I never said there wasn't murder during war. I said that the Bible makes a distinction between war and murder. And it does.

And you have Scripture for this right? Of course not. We all know that. But your point is not being argued against here. One of the sticky points you have to face is who gets to decide what legitimate is. For some, the slaughter of innocents Jews in Germany wasn't a legitimate reason to go war. For others, the slaughter of innocent Iraqis in Iraq wasn't a legitimate reason to go to war. So who gets to decide what is legitimate, and what standard will be used?

I don't know who "a lot of you" are, since I don't read much here anymore. But I am certainly not one of them. What's a lot more concerning are those who pretend to be concerned about life but don't really care about abortion. One of the most vocal people here swore loud and long about abortion and civil liberty and all that, and has now declared his intent to vote for a man who supports abortion on demand and will appoint justices who will further entrench that "right." And he will vote for him because of his views on civil liberties (which he doesn't even know) and the economy being bad (which this newly elected president will not be able to do anything about). This kind of hypocrisy is disgusting.

We are.

I agree. I categorically denounce all forms of murder. I also support war when necessary, and understand that killing in self-defense or by accident is not murder.

#106 Pastor Larry, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sir. You are in complete error. Abortion holds much more weight because it is excused. The unborn child has been declared to not be a person. Much like Hitler did the jews, and America did Black folks. Murdering unborn children is on a much broader scale and the numbers are much greater. Unborn children are the innocent of innocent. Their cries amidst the moment of slaughter are drowned out by the walls of the euteris, the organs of the mother who allows it and her thick skin, and the sound of the machine that reaches into the womb and tears apart a child limb from limb with no thought, care, or concern for the pain that child suffers. Abortion is "the" most hideous act on God's green earth. There is nothing that compares to it. May God have mercy on those who participate in it.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many Christians will twist Holy scripture by trying to apply human logic to match their worldly view.

Your post is just more of the same.

Pity.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

What? I point out a little inconsistency in Ken's posts and now I am a piranha? So nice of you to add weight to this discussion. I would rather hear from Ken on the matter, thank you.