1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

O'bamas National Police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You have evidence to support that?

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Yeah...earlier in this thread (post #26), you said "O'bama is president".

3. OldRegular

President yes! Leader no!:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

4. matt wade

Ok...so you still said "our erstwhile leader". When was he our leader previously?

5. OldRegular

Obviously a poor choice of words unless you are of those who believes he is "the One"!

6. matt wade

Well, we all know that you, OldRegular, would never choose your words poorly! So, knowing that, we know that you believe Obama is "the One"!

7. OldRegular

Yes! I have indicated on several threads, whenever the opportunity presented, that I believe he is the one God might use to judge America for its slaughter of 50 million unborn babies, for its acceptance of homosexual perversion, and numerous other moral failings.

8. matt wade

Great...so when as "the One" been our leader previously?

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Again I ask:

What exactly is a "civilian national security force"?

How can it be "just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as our military?

10. targus

targus New Member

Nobody knows - including Obama.

11. OldRegular

I suppose only O'bama, or according to some Defense Secretary Gates, really knows. Whatever it is having a separate body as strong and well trained and funded as the Military sounds ominous, particularly considering O'bama's, Biden's, and Holder's record on trying to restrict or eliminate the citizens right to own weapons.

Why do we need a "national civilian" security force given that each state has a Militia and a State police and that each county and town have their own police force?

Furthermore, we already have a national police force in the form of US Marshals and federal investigative bodies such as the FBI and the BAFC. Therefore, O'bama's remarks sound somewhat ominous even if they were slipped into a speech about the Peace Corps and Americorps.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ". . . just as powerful . . . " What is the power of the military?

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Again a poor attempt at sensationalistic rhetoric designed to illicit a specific level of emotion. No one has the ability to create that which you think he meant. Not in this country.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not yet . . . but "sensational rhetoric" isn't a satisfactory explanation. His words reveal his thoughts. It's about the same kind of security that the military provides, deadly force against one's enemies.

#74 Aaron, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  15. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Up until last Nov., I would have agreed!

But after the response of the fawning public then, and the belief of some now that the "ZERO" can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong, I think your premise is very shaky!

I have basically lost any hope that the majority of citizens in this country are going to apply any criteria, except what they can personally gain, when voting.

Well, there is that Utopian belief in the ultimate goodness of man that leads many of them to vote the "social" reform of mankind. Just another fallacy though!

By the time they realize they have "built their house on the sand", the floods will have already washed the house away.

16. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This is a great idea from Obama. I wonder if old men can join. I didn't vote for Obama. My right-wing state is a republican hot-seat. Looking back, if I could do it over again, I would gladly cast my vote for Obama. Can't wait until 2012!

17. OldRegular

Perhaps Turbin Durbin had a "word of knowledge" and these are the Jack Booted Thugs he was talking about on the Senate floor.

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I have seen very little of this mindset, but loads of people who claim that Pres Obama can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING right.

Neither side is correct.

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I respectfully submit that you must have several posters on your "IGNORE" list; or we somehow are reading different BBs.?!?:confused:

20. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The President is a man, neither god nor devil. He will do some things right, he will also make mistakes. But the constant fear mongering is ridiculous. At least it is fun to see the angst and disheartedness of the nutty right. It's about time they were out of control. Their AWOL frat boy and his corrupt team brought more destruction to American society than all 42 previous administrations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.