1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's safety net: the TelePrompter

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090305/pl_politico/19663

Well isn't that special... I wonder if most of his adoring fans realize this fact?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not likely:sleeping_2:

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Yes, I realize this fact. To me it's like the fact that some preachers use a manuscript. It doesn't make the message any less valid.

4. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to see a 1 on 1 interview between him & someone else where they are putting the pressure on him & asking tough, unscripted questions.

I guarantee you that he would be studdering & stammering, trying to come up with an eloquent response to the questions. I'd also like to see someone pin him down with simple "yes" or "no" questions. There's nothing more funny than watching a liberal squirm.:laugh:

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Never happen. Liberal media loves their man too much!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Naaa...he just like to attack people like that from a distance. Where it is nice and safe.

7. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In that case if they interview me, they'd better do it via satellite.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This happened many times during the debates, Saddlebeck and the O'reilly factor was another good example. You are correct, he is a slow methodical speaker and carefully chooses each and every word. He says "ah" an awful lot and eloquent is far from describing his speech. We as a nation has seen this many times so it would be no surprise.

however, I don't blame him for taking advantage of his safety net. With the 35K ears in the apposing party plus media attentively listening just hoping and praying for that one slight mistake or slip of the tongue, well the last thing he needs right now is to have the attention taken away from his agenda and centered on a gaff. You might also notice they haven't given Joe the mic lately...

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't know about that, y'all took that "lipstick on a pig" comment for a good ride... The media must not be all liberal.