1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Support of Infanticied

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The reason he said he apposed the bill is because it conflicted with Roe vs Wade which is what we need out law makers to do. Make sure the laws they create are not in conflict with the constitution.

However in this case I agree with you Rev. and appreciate you providing this information. I had agreed with the decision that the bill being proposed was unconstitutional and have defended his actions based on that. He is trained in law. The more I read these facts the more I realized Roe vs Wade is not in our constitution. It is merely a supreme court decision based on their interpretation of the constitution.

I use slavery as an example, for many years some believed slavery was a constitutional right and that "all men" didn't mean black citizens. The supreme courts decisions contained this common accepted bias. However Lincoln ended slavery with a Proclamation which lead to the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to our constitution.

My point being lawmakers can make laws that conflict with supreme court decisions. Can't they???

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama originally made the excuse for voting against this bill was that it did not protect the right of abortion on other cases. But this was proven false. Once that was prove he then backed up and made another excuse.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

A politician he is but then again, only politicians run for office. Another bit of lie peddled to us as truth.