1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Trip Backfires; McCain Surges to 4 Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jul 29, 2008.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Monday, July 28, 2008 9:35 PM

A surprising poll released Monday confirms Sen. Barack Obama's worst nightmare: he actually lost ground to Sen. John McCain after a global trip meant to buck up his sagging credentials in foreign and military policy.

The USA Today/Gallup poll has McCain leading Obama by four points, 49 percent to Obama's 45 percent, among likely voters.

Just last month, the same poll had McCain trailing by six points to the neophyte U.S. senator.

LINK

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

According to Real Clear Politics, Obama is ahead by 3.2 points. The poll mentioned in the OP is only one of six that RCP tracts, and by the way, it is the only one showing McCain ahead. Even Fox News has Obama ahead by one point.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I don't see how the polls can all be different, but be that as it may...the point difference sure is getting closer... :)

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given the margin of error in the polls the difference is actually undefinable.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm not sure the point difference between the 2 was ever that large in the first place. America is so polarized that I think this election is going to be every bit as close as the last 2 were. This assumes, of course, that neither candidate does something egregiously stupid from now until November.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Excellent point - you beat me to it Rev :thumbs: