1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Offensive License Plate?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I've never understood why all the fuss over the confederate flag. Not 35 years ago everyone use to watch Dukes of Hazard. The General Lee with it's blazen Rebel flags was never complained about back then. What has changed? Seems to me that the race baiters like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have won the battle of making racism an issue and that plus the fact we have our first black POTUS, now the flag is evil when 35 years ago it wasn't.

This is how the liberal media has poisoned the American public. Shameful..

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a clumsy sequence of events, officials for the VA Black Hills Health System led by Director Steve DiStasio took down Confederate flags after two African-American veterans complained that they were symbols of racism

Click here for link

Contary to popular belief - the CSA flag stood for States rights.

and BTW - Which flag did ships fly when bringing slaves to the United States? Would that flag be considered racist?

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It does not bother me. There are Confederate flags that fly all over my neighborhood. I would not have one at my house, but have no right to dictate what others wish. All I can tell a person, is, if it offends them, look the other way.

5. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see Confederate flags all the time. Not a darn is given.
    Heck, the museums I went to in Gettysburg this past summer sold stuff with Confederate flags on them. We were going to bring back a pocket knife with the Confederate flag on it for my uncle, who likes the Confederate flag. From what I've seen, when it's used here in the South it's more about Southern pride than racism.

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The only problem I see is that the car might be vandalized!

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pastor sues, doesn't want Native religious rite on his Oklahoma license plate:

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-clergyma...is-an-affront-to-his-religion/article/3923696

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are being silly. I don’t know why the Sons of Confederate Veterans cannot have a plate as other organizations do. (I also don’t really know what the Son’s of Confederate Vets are about, but I really don’t care if they have a plate). Georgia got rid of the stars and bars from their state flag, which I also thought unnecessary (but not necessarily the wrong move as many of its residents found it offensive). But personalized plates are another matter. If someone doesn’t like it, they don’t have to buy it. The state is not paying more money for the plates – the consumer is paying more.