1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Officers Killed in the Line of Duty

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Rolfe, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There have been a number of threads recently about Police shootings. It has been implied, if not outright said, that those who Serve and Protect are generally trigger-happy racists. That is unfair.

Perhaps a look at the other side might be appropriate.

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/year.html

Admittedly, for personal reasons, I am biased in favor of those who serve as officers.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I was waiting for this because I KNEW it was coming because I KNOW white privilege. And it's what we exhibit anytime there is a thread on race.

No it's not fair. But CONSISTENTLY as white people do, white privilege more times than not leads Whites to view each other as INDIVIDUALS. Whereas everything that Blacks do is viewed as a stain and behavior to the black community at large.

When a black person ala Al Sharpton disagrees with Whites, then Blacks need to stop letting him speak for them. But when a black agrees with Whites, he's so smart and the rest of the black community needs to appoint him as the "New Black Leader". Who is the appointed white leader or do individual white people get to speak for themselves?

Or Blacks are more violent.
    Blacks are more likely to commit a crime.
    Or Blacks want to be on welfare.

Anytime white privilege speaks it speaks and includes ALL Blacks as a group. It's unfair to view white police officers as trigger-happy racists. But it's certainly okay to view Blacks as lazy, more violent, crime committing, welfare broods, the weakened black family etc in terms of generalizing.

Either we generalize about everyone or we generalize about no one. White privilege has set the standard for generalizing so why the surprise that other folks are now generalizing about the racially prejudiced and racists white police officers?

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yada yada yada :rolleyes:

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

and yet you have an entire post generalizing white people.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You mean you don't believe that cops get killed in the line of duty because of white privilege???? For shame!

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ironic statement. Your many posts on the issue indicate that you view white people not as individuals, but as a group of privileged racists.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for tackling this racist at the heart of the matter. I do appreciate this entire post. I have had the life long privilege to work with many of America's finest. And still haven't found one that is "white and privileged!"