1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh-goodie, another black eye...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Lori

Lori New Member

I don't know if this link will work or is okay to put here, but our ole buddy Jimmy Swaggart is at it again... :eek: [​IMG] :rolleyes:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/3752315/detail.html

Now ok, a homosexual lifestyle is not in keeping with the Bible, however I think he forgot about the little commandment that says "thou shalt not kill".

I know he said he was joking, but you really shouldn't joke about killing someone. What also shocks me is that in that same report they mentioned that the congregation laughed about what he said and thought it was funny.

Wow what they (unbelievers/lost) must think of us after hearing that. For some of them it just reaffirms their will to not hear the gospel.

I wonder seriously if that man will ever learn.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

2. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

lori, i am not so sure swaggart even preaches the gospel but rest assurd that no man can damage Gods gospel and the power to convert to all God ordains to eternal life. and unbelievers are in no way able to judge anything righteous or fair.
    the condemnation of the homosexual lifestyle is to soft these days but swaggarts method is ungodly.

3. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I'm guessing no but, what concerns me more is the people that keep listening to him.

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Finally, something I can almost agree with Swaggart on. :D

Seems like God does not mind killing these perverts, He destroyed at least two towns full of them.

5. Irwin Hawkins

Irwin Hawkins New Member

Some 20 yrs. ago I went to a Jimmy Swagart crusade because I really enjoyed hearing him sing. I know they brought in a lot of mony through the tapes they sold; I my self bought some of them. The thing I want to talk about here is his preaching. I very vividly remember him poking his head right in the camera in his phony emotional voice and saying; "you who are in that motel room in bed with that man that you shouldn't be there with, get out of there right now, and let the LORD clean you up." That is probably not in the exact words that he spoke, but it is pretty close. Then I guess most of us know about "some" of his adulterous affairs. The Assembly of GOD church suspending him, and him not honoring it, and his ministry carying on. Then you hear that he is still at it. Not to mention what he is doing to the "true" church; but I just wonder if his wife is still sticking with him. Well ofcourse, he hauls in a lot of money, and I'm sure that makes a big difference.
    This man has become a god to a lot of folks, and then there are a lot of people that hang on to him for the money they also get from his ministry. GOD help us! There are so many similar to him; but the LORD told us that there would be more, and more false teachers in the later days.
    With the love Jesus gave me.
    With love of GOD the Father,
    With love of GOD the Son,
    With love of GOD the Holy Spirit,
    All three make one.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a Wyoming bar, a short-cropped young man was "hit on" by a cruising gay university student from Casper, who thought the fellow might be a sodomite as well.

The young man and his buddy were so incensed over this that that trapped the gay student, took him out of town, beat him, tied him to a rail fence and killed him.

Killing gays for their promiscuous behavior is nothing to joke about. It's been done.

Now one man is dead and two in prison for life. And families ruined.

7. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

"Finally, something I can almost agree with Swaggart on.

Seems like God does not mind killing these perverts, He destroyed at least two towns full of them."

Great witness Terry. Great witness. This is exactly what I'd want a lost person to see if he/she happened to be surfing our board.

:confused:

8. Terry_Herrington

Did you see the word "almost," ?

[insinuating personal attack removed]

Bro. Dallas

[ September 23, 2004, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Frogman ]

9. Charles Meadows

No explanation needed. Comments like this cast a shadow over all of Christ's church.

Shame on you.

10. Irwin Hawkins

Irwin Hawkins New Member

Yes Dr. Bob I think many of us remember what happened in Wyoming. We who are "true Christian" know that homosexual life style is sin, and we should witness to everyone that we have the chance to in a loving maner; and as has been stated by Lori, and others even jokingly to say before an audience of "so called Christians" I believe is as great of a sin as homosexuality.
    With love of GOD the Father,
    All three make one.
    irwin

11. Irwin Hawkins

Irwin Hawkins New Member

One of the most beautiful things I have had to happen to me is; a few years ago on another Christian bulletin board, I gained the confidence of a fellow in a foreign country; He never revealed to me right a way that he was homosexual, but after several email messages back, and forth he did; then finally he thanked me for directing him to the right path, and through my help he learned it was wrong to live that way. The last I heard from him, he was searching out the path to GOD.
    With the love of GOD the Father,
    All three make one.
    irwin

12. Terry_Herrington

I made reference to what God did to Sodom and Gomorrah, and it was deleted!

Is it now not acceptable to refer to the Bible on this board? If so, maybe this board should change its name. Traditionally, the baptist have not been ashamed of the Bible.

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Terry, your post was not just about S&G. Feel free to repost that part. The personal attack part is what got snipped I think.

14. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Men who find it difficult to keep their pants on have no place condemning others in like condition.

15. Stacie

Stacie New Member

Craigbythesea, I agree with you. He was disiplined for sexual sin and was told not to take charge of a church again. And he has. In my eyes, he is defying those that are in authority over him and defying God.

Why even listen to him, if he not obeying those he is supposed to obey?

Unofrtuantly, there are those who are lost that do listen to him and I hope that they come to Christ in spite of his actions. I hope that after they come to Christ they will find someone who is waling in obedance and teaching the Word of God and listen to them! I also hope that above all that after they come to Christ, that they study the Word of God for themself and see where Sqaggart is wrong.

I just happen to be in a suburb of the city that Swaggarrts congration is in. I get the chills everytime I pass by that place! And it's not the good kind of chills either.

Stacie

16. jimbob

jimbob New Member

Leviticus 18:22
    "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus 20:13
    " If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

17. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

In my opinin I think gays have too many rights now anyway. What he said about killing one is very wrong. I myself do not agree with their lifestyle at all. I know what the bible says is right and wrong.
    All my life I have defended the homosexuals as a person to be treated like you would treat anyone and that has recently come back to bite me in the butt!

I have a neighbor who is an open homosexual. He doesn't like me because I am a Christian, and has told me so on many occasions. He and his family since moving here a year ago has done nothing but start trouble with me, my husband and my kids. I have been physically attacked and verbally attacked many times by these people. Well this past Sept.11th was no exception to their rule. I was leaving my house and trying to pull out of my driveway when the homosexual blocked me in.
    He did move up after a while but not enough for me to get my large van to swing out. He stood where he was, illeagally parked to begin with, and just smiled and watched as I struggled to get out. I said to him "you could have moved up a little more." Well I guess that was the wrong thing to say because with that I was attacked by him and his partner.
    Verbally at first. He was pushing me, spitting in my face and calling me the vilest names you could call a woman. Finally he pushed and spit one too many times because out of anger I called him a "Fag". He punched me in the face and I naturally punched him back and split his lip open.

The police came and guess who went to jail?

ME! He got nothing done to him even though he punched a woman, spit on her and called her vile names. I got hauled off to jail and booked on a 4th degree felony plus aggravated assult and harrassment. All because I called him a "Fag".
    That's justice for you!

That's what I get for defending them all my life and treating them like equals and just like a human being when others around me were the "Fag Bashers"!
    Oh and here is the best part. Now I am treated like a rapest. My name went on a antional list for Bias Hate crimes and if I ever get caught by the police using ANY kind of derrogatory name I get put in prison right then and there!

Christians, watch what you say. What was said in anger and self defense was turned against me and misconstrued!

18. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

What did you expect? This is the United States in the 21st century. You think it is bad now, just wait another few years. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Charles Meadows

That sounds horrible!

There's not question that the homosexual lifestyle is sinful and will be judged!

But we as Christians must still treat everyone with Christ's love.

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

This was discussed in another thread. Swaggart is one of those breed of preachers who conistently preaches upon the wrath of God, but is lacking when it comes ot preaching on the love of God.

Perhaps it stems from the fact that he's been the victim of God's wrath on a number of occaisions, like when he was in a room with a prostitute, or when he got stopped with a prostitute in his car, and so on. He seems to have forgotten that adultery is also an abomination and a sin unto death. I guess he should start by offing himself first.