1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh-goodie, another black eye...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You got that right.

2. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Well....... you must live in a part of the country where there is NO law enforcement. But then too, you did choose to stand your ground and fight with him instead of calling for help. Does your husband not defend you either??? Do you have a cell phone??? Do you have a video camera to record the proof of a blocked driveway??? YOU could have remained in your locked vehicle and called 911 on your cell. Or, you could have left your vehicle in the precarious position in the driveway and gone back into your house to make the 911 call and record the position of both vehicles on video tape. There are just too many actions that could have been taken instead of calling the offender names.

Of course, then too........ when the derogatory word came out of your heart ...... errrr, I mean your mouth.... didn't you realize that your "defending of homosexuals all of your life" somehow didn't exactly equal that hateful word???

There must be more to this story.....

3. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Regarding Swaggart - before his adulterous affair and his rebellious attitude toward the authority of his denomination, I too found favor with his preaching.

His death comment I now find deplorable and the fact that he thought it to funny is equally nauseating.

I wonder how Jimmy Swaggert would react if one of the people in his community were to say of him: "If I see that adulterous Swaggert eyeing MY wife/daughter/etc, I'll just kill him and tell God he died". Yeah! I wonder if Jimmy Swaggert would find THAT humorous???

Not defending the homosexual lifestyle, but I don't wish death on any of them either. Homosexuals have been attacked, assaulted, maimed, murdered and harrassed for such a callous remark in the past. It is unconscienable that ANY man of God would be so disrepectful to another human being.

4. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen!

Thank you, BillyMac!

5. Stacie

Stacie New Member

You know waht? I could very well, or my hubby could verry well walk into his church and say that, but then again we would be breaking our rule about not even turning around in their parking lot! Oh gee how do we go about doing that to where he can hear it without stepping foot (or driving car) onto his properity? :confused:

Stacie

6. Stacie

Stacie New Member

It seems like to me you should get a good Christian Lawyer to defend your rights. Yes, you did wrong by hitting back (in the eyes of the law) but he hit you first or so I gather from your post and in the eyes of the law, he is just as guilty of assulting you as you are of assaulting him.

Just my 2cents.

Stacie

7. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

There is no more to this story. The story above is exactly what happened. I could add to it by saying that he, and his whole family has persecuted me all because I am a Christian. They watch me and my family all day everyday. They watch my husband leave for work at 4am and they are constantly watching my windows. I do not open my shades anymore and I do not let my children play out in fornt of their own house.

Could I have handled it differently? Sure....
    But when your being confronted you do not always act rashionally. I did not have a cell phone on me and I do not own a video camera. I originally got out of my car because he hit it, so even if I were to pull forward to get out and go into my house I believe no matter what they would have attacked me.

Where was my husband? He was upstairs in our Apt. having no clue as to what was going on. When my mom finally rang the bell for him to come down, it was pretty much all over.
    I did not hit him first. You say I should not have hit him...... I have been in sbusive relationships just about my whole dating life, I was beaten beyond recognition. Yes I am a Christian but I will never allow anyone to just hit me and me just stand there and take it. Trust me, I was not going to walk away, there were 6 people blocking me and pushing me back. I am going to defend myself.
    I do not just go and hit people. He spit on me twice, pushed me several times then punched me. I guess I should have smiled and said "THANK YOU"?

I don't know where your from, but I live in the inner city, we defend ourselves here.

I am not trying to justify myself. I was wrong, and I was not very Christian like. God has already forgiven me, and I didn't come here and tell my story to be persicuted by my fellow Christians.

I feel that I was unjustly treated by the law. He got away scott free, last I checked hitting someone was against the law. I hit in self defense, he hit because he is not a man.

Just heed my warning fellow christians.

8. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

Stacie,

At this point a lawyer can't help me. I go to court tomorrow morning. I can not afford a lawyer, and leagal aid is a joke around here. They are secular and will not care how I as a christian was percicuted by these people.

Also, I didn't get arrested for hitting him. That was one of the charges since I was brought in anyway, but I was primarily arrested for calling him a "fag". The police came and just told us that if we wanted to file charges to go up to the court house that monday and do so, and then he lat us go, that's when the neighbor brought up the fact that I called him a "Fag" and after I was let go, they came and arrested me.
    By the way, I was never read my rights either.

Ahhhh, our justice system.

If I was attacked by a man, in a sexual way as in rape, I wouldn't call the police. They are so twisted that they would probibly find a way to blame the victim. Something has to be on the books that says it's against the law to just look like a man wants you.

I am ashamed of being an American.

9. Stacie

Stacie New Member

My word. Now that more of the story comes out, it seems that your rights were diffenaltlly trampled on. And I agree with you no matter the legal results I would have defended my self too. I was just pointing out the way that the law sees it.

But he should have been charged as well and since when is calling some one a name a crime?!

There should be some Christian lawyer around that would take this case pro-bono. Just on principal. But that's opinon not reality. OK so Stacie needs a reality check here.

But still, can you call around and see if anyone can help you out? Your defence lawyer isn't trying to help you out here? I mean you were asualted first!!!

I just don't get it. I do believe it. I just don't understand it. If the charges don't get dropped or if you have to pay a fine or spend time in jail, I would diffentaly file for inadiquate represntation. Not sure of the process, but I would find out! This is just rediculas. (Sp?)

Stacie

10. Stacie

Stacie New Member

Oh yeah, I do believe that the whole case can be dropped because you were not read your Maranda Rights. Not sure but I would look into it on a legal site.

Stacie

11. Lori

Lori New Member

The long way around to my point...please bear with me. ;)

I have heard/read somewhere that God sees all sin as the same/equal. However, I know that on earth we have to place levels of degrees on them so that we won't all go to the gas chamber for white lying, smaller stuff like that, etc. I kinda think that Smoking, homosexuality, alcoholism, doing drugs are kind of like habits. Initially you can decide if you want to start out of curiosity(sp). Eventually if it is your vise/weakness you will fall into Satan having a stronghold there whereby you feel compelled to do that thing/sin.

I have a friend that is bi and once a **long** time back I experiemented myself. I am soo not proud of that moment in my life. It was waay wrong. Anyways I look at my friend's choice of experimenting with the bi thing as similar to him smoking. He decided to quit smoking and as hard as that was he was able to do it.

Long story short if you go without something for long enough that has become a habit, you can withstand and say no when Satan tempts you. Most especially if you make God the center of your life. This is essentially being able to hate the sin while loving the sinner/person.

I'm sure that some of this might not make sense, but I am still trying to figure it all out. I do know and trust that it is wrong in God's eyes as per the scripture quoted in a few posts above.

azwyld
    <*}}}><

12. Stacie

Stacie New Member

azwyld,

It makes since to me. After all there are homosexuals who have come out of homosexuality and become Christian. [​IMG]

13. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

BibleMaMa,
    This could be your wake-up call to get outta the inner city to a place that safer than where you are. It sounds as if you are being persecuted unmercilessly. What good will it serve for you to remain where you are not wanted and where your children have to live incarcerated inside their own home???

While you remain, I'd like to suggest that you pray a hedge of protection around your family, your residence, your vehicle(s), and yourself. And for the sake of peace between you and your enemies, pray also for that protection around them. Give thanks to God for a situation in which you are able to rise up and overcome. Be the bigger person, BibleMaMa, and ask for the forgiveness of the one you offended with the derogatory name calling. Afterall, you'll never be able to convince them that you mean them no harm unless you heap coals on their heads by giving good to them for the evil they have given you. Consider this post encouragement.

14. Stacie

Stacie New Member

Billy Mac, I do not know the sitution that BibleMama is in, but maybe she can't leave the innercity. I don't think anyone lives there by choice. They may not be able to move. Maybe God put her there for a reason. If she can move, I suggest that she does, but I won't look down on her if she can't for what ever reason.

Stacie

15. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Well, Stacie...... if God put her there for a reason I'm sure it wasn't to call homosexuals derogatory names and smack em in the face even if it was in self-defense. And I don't look down on her either, anymore than I look down on the militant in-your-face homosexual.

Just because she lives in an innercity setting doesn't excuse her bad behavior even if provolked or harassed. And then too, how many people have you encountered who attack, harass, or otherwise agitate without being attacked, harassed, or otherwise agitated themselves??? I'm not saying it would never happen, but if it did it would be very very rare. And then to have law enforcement charge her and not them....???

Maybe I'm just too suspicious....

16. Stacie

Stacie New Member

BibleMaMa I sent you a PM

Stacie

17. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">BibleMaMa,
    This could be your wake-up call to get outta the inner city to a place that safer than where you are. It sounds as if you are being persecuted unmercilessly. What good will it serve for you to remain where you are not wanted and where your children have to live incarcerated inside their own home???

While you remain, I'd like to suggest that you pray a hedge of protection around your family, your residence, your vehicle(s), and yourself. And for the sake of peace between you and your enemies, pray also for that protection around them. Give thanks to God for a situation in which you are able to rise up and overcome. Be the bigger person, BibleMaMa, and ask for the forgiveness of the one you offended with the derogatory name calling. Afterall, you'll never be able to convince them that you mean them no harm unless you heap coals on their heads by giving good to them for the evil they have given you. Consider this post encouragement.

[ September 30, 2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: BibleMaMa ]

18. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

Well I had a long post written but somehow was messed up when I tried to edit it and I will not write it over.

"Suspicious" will have to remain so... that post was geared to you. Oh well, it was a good one too!

19. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Gee..... I feel slighted, BibleMaMa. Please try that post one more time. I'd like to see what you have to say.

20. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

Knowing your being a smart mouth, I will not and do not have to justify myself to you or anyone. I would have been glad to talk to you if you were serious.
    You give Christians a bad name. Do you heckle Rape victims too? Do you heckle people who have been molested" You sure strike me as a person with no grace.

I have nothning else to say to you.