1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh-goodie, another black eye...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Lori, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Unfortunately, this is too often the case around here, especially if someone takes a stand against perverts, abortion, or believes in using the KJV.

2. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Knowing your being a smart mouth, I will not and do not have to justify myself to you or anyone. I would have been glad to talk to you if you were serious.
    You give Christians a bad name. Do you heckle Rape victims too? Do you heckle people who have been molested" You sure strike me as a person with no grace.

I have nothning else to say to you.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You're accusation is false. God knows my heart and I was NOT being a smart mouth. But the fact that you have interpretted that to be the case, also doesn't surprise me. Likewise you have likely falsely interpretted your neighbor in the past as well. Neighbors don't harass or attack people they live near out of the blue and without cause.

Your excuse not to respond further to me speaks for itself. I must've hit a sore spot when I suggested that God didn't call you to disrespect your neighbor by calling him a derogatory name, and instead of responding to my serious encouragement to you to act with forethought of who it is that you represent as a follower of Christ, you prefer to strike out at me the same way that you struck out at your neighbor. This is called denial and rebellion.

Go ahead and be belligerent. You are only hurting yourself by insisting on remaining a "victim" instead of admitting where you were wrong and setting yourself free.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Whine icon here]. You only show your abysmal ignorance.

If someone promotes sodomy/homosexuality, they are banned from such posting

If someone promotes murdering babies, they are banned from such posting

If someone promotes using the KJV, nobody really cares! We ALL care if you claim MY Bible is a perversion or satanic or not inspired. That is the "only" position and any who would go there are banned from such posting

4. Stacie

Stacie New Member

Knowing your being a smart mouth, I will not and do not have to justify myself to you or anyone. I would have been glad to talk to you if you were serious.
    You give Christians a bad name. Do you heckle Rape victims too? Do you heckle people who have been molested" You sure strike me as a person with no grace.

</font>[/QUOTE]You're accusation is false. God knows my heart and I was NOT being a smart mouth. But the fact that you have interpretted that to be the case, also doesn't surprise me. Likewise you have likely falsely interpretted your neighbor in the past as well. Neighbors don't harass or attack people they live near out of the blue and without cause.

Your excuse not to respond further to me speaks for itself. I must've hit a sore spot when I suggested that God didn't call you to disrespect your neighbor by calling him a derogatory name, and instead of responding to my serious encouragement to you to act with forethought of who it is that you represent as a follower of Christ, you prefer to strike out at me the same way that you struck out at your neighbor. This is called denial and rebellion.

Go ahead and be belligerent. You are only hurting yourself by insisting on remaining a "victim" instead of admitting where you were wrong and setting yourself free.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Your responce just shows that she is right. You're right in one thing. MOST nighbors don't attack for no reason. HOWEVER, there are some people who do. They just have a chip on their shoulder and they take it out on anybody they think that they can. And if I was in her situation, I realy don't think I would have done anything different. We as mothers are called to protect our children and if she felt like she was in danger of not being able to protect her children in the future she had every right to defend her self. (OK so she made one mistake with the name calling. Not saying it is right and not trying to justify it, but it was a heated moment. Have you ever said anything that you regret in the heat of the moment?!!!!) If she did not defned herself, then might have been dead! They ganged up on her!!!!!!!!

I would love to hear your answer to her question, "Do you blame the person who has been raped and/or molested?" It sure sounds like it from your posts.

Stacie

5. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

I stand by my original post to you.

Romans 12:14 as quoted below:
    (NLT)

Romans 12:17-21 as quoted below:
    (NLT)

*12:19Deut. 32:35

**12:20 Greek: and you will heap burning coals on their heads.

(I am unable to locate a scripture to back-up the "praying of a hedge of protection" around your family, although I know there is a kind someone who will find it and quote it for you. It has to do with the angels who watch over us.)

6. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Your responce just shows that she is right. You're right in one thing. MOST nighbors don't attack for no reason. HOWEVER, there are some people who do. They just have a chip on their shoulder and they take it out on anybody they think that they can. And if I was in her situation, I realy don't think I would have done anything different. We as mothers are called to protect our children and if she felt like she was in danger of not being able to protect her children in the future she had every right to defend her self. (OK so she made one mistake with the name calling. Not saying it is right and not trying to justify it, but it was a heated moment. Have you ever said anything that you regret in the heat of the moment?!!!!) If she did not defned herself, then might have been dead! They ganged up on her!!!!!!!!

I would love to hear your answer to her question, "Do you blame the person who has been raped and/or molested?" It sure sounds like it from your posts.

Stacie
    </font>[/QUOTE]Stacie, I saw nothing in her post that indicated that she was protecting her child. Her child may have been present, however, there is a difference between a child being present and protecting that child from being attacked. BibleMaMa stated that her vehicle was partially blocked and when she attempted to get around the obstacle, she said to the owner that he could have moved it farther out of her way. I "heard" sarcasm in that statement. Sarcasm is inflammatory. This set him off and he attacked. He probably felt verbally attacked by her with her sarcasm. But she doesn't recognize her error in proclaiming an inflammatory remark. Fuel was added to a fire. Then she called him a fag, which again is not adding anything but a mean spirited remark to the already inflamed sarcasm.

And to answer your question directly --- NO! Of course I don't blame those who have been raped or molested. These are bona-fide victims of another's sins. However, Stacie, BibleMaMa was not raped nor were her children molested.

And the advise I offered was scriptural. Does that make me wrong because I offered her a way to escape blame and guilt???

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

As far as I know, there is no scripture about praying a 'hedge of protection' around someone. It's just that you hear this said so often that people think there it is in the Bible.

The "hedge of protection" is from Job, where actually only the word "hedge" is used and it comes from the mouth of Satan:
    However, I don't think it's wrong to pray this; however, when I pray for someone's protection, I just ask for God to protect that person. I don't use this phrase.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hedge of protection was popularized by the Bill Gothard sect. He is really big on that concept and uses the term often.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Ooooh, [light dawns so I'm wearing :cool: ], that makes sense. Bill Gothard. :rolleyes: :(

10. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Thank you Marcia. This will involve further study on my part and in fact already has.

I don't think what I am about to offer is done much on these pages, but I want BibleMaMa to know my thoughts and in this event my prayer for her safety.

Father God I come to you with a humble heart and ask that you forgive me of my sins that you might hear my prayer. I ask too, Father, that you will forgive my trespasses against BibleMaMa and grant my sister in Christ Jesus the comfort of your protection from the darts of her enemy. Protect her and her family and her household. Protect her residence and her vehicles from those who would do her harm. I stand on your Word, Father, as it is written in Psalms 91:11 "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.". And I stand too, Father, on Psalms 91:3 that says: "Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler,...". Give her peace Father and guide her ways so that she may not sin against you. In the name of Jesus, I pray it. Amen.

BibleMaMa, I offer that you read Psalms 91 in its entirity and find comfort there.

11. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Months ago here on these pages, I asked about Bill Gothard to see what he stands/stood for. As I recall, I was given a website where I either could not properly download or something like that. (I don't remember exactly what I located but it wasn't very much if anything at all). I remain unfamiliar with this person and/or his teachings.

Please refer me to a source of good information about this Bill Gothard.

12. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

I addressed these questions in my last post but when I tried to edit it due to type-o it got erased.
    I have not responded becuse I am not on the computer 24/7.

You say people do not strike neighbors for no reason out of the blue. Your wrong! SO SO SO WRONG!
    I keep to myself most times. I do not partake in the gossip of my block or anything hearsay. I barely talk with any of my neighbors. I go to church and come home, I go to the store and go home, I do my errands and come home. That is my life. I don't readily argue with someone, I naturally walk away. I am not a violent person, I have much compassion for people, and am very good to people. I have a kind nature and go out of my way to help someone.

That being said.....

When these neighbors forst moved in I was friendly with them. Not best buds but conversation, a hello from time to time. First it started with the young girl. My girls age. She started a bunch of gossip about my girls in school. [snipped] She has gotten other classmates to start fights with my girls.
    Many times my girls came home and was in a one way fight. Meaning, I do not teach violence. I do not approve of my kids fighting, unless they felt extremely threatened.

This went on for close to a year. It started before they even moved across the street from me.

As I started to talk to these people about Jesus, and tried to witness to them. We managed to get the girl saved. We started taking her to church with us and getting her involved with the church. Paying her way when the church went on functions just so she could go. We tried to teach her right from wrong because she was not getting it at home.

We were accused of brainwashing her. Then the Aunt came to me one day and flat out said, I hate you because you are a christian. Far cry for a friendly hello. She didn't like me she said because I didn't have any friends that were not christians. That I didn't do anything outside the church. How she has come to this conclusion is beyond me. I tried to explain to her that I did have many friends that were not christian and so on.
    From that moment on she wouldn't let the girl come to church anymore, and tore up the bible we gave to her.
    My husband backed off and just started to ignore these people which at the time I thouught was wrong. (I see now it was a better step) I was determined to keep witnessing and try to get the girl back in church.
    The Aunt called my church and told my Pastor all kinds of lies. [snipped] So there was the second embarrassing thing happen.
    My pastor knows me and my husband well enough that he dismissed there accusations. (He knows that family well and knows the kind of people they are) But some of the members of my church was questioning it, so you can imagine how awkward that was for a while.

I then started to learn of all the wicked things that were going on in their house. [snipped]

by this time I had already been physically attacked once by these people. Coming home from wed. night service, Aunt didn't like the fact that I told my mother she souldn't be over there telling these people our family business, which my mom was doing. These people had more of an inside of my finances, and marraige than anyone should know. Anyway, she didn't like that I told my mom that, so she waited for me to come home and confronted me. I, having my purse, bible, folders and something of my sons in my hands, never put my things down and never raised my hands.
    I continued to walk toward my house when her daughter, son, son in law, neice, nieces boyfriend, and one other person, prevented me from going into my house. I told her I didn't want to fight and basically wanted nothing to do with her. She continued to shove me, some words on both parts were exchanged, and it wasn't until my husband came up with a knife that they finally backed away and let me through.

Even with this happening, I approached the Aunt the next day and apologized for the words I said to her.

Next assult. The Aunt called Child Protective Services on me saying I didn't have beds for my children. Embarrassing? Yep. I never had DYFS at my house for any reason.
    They clearly saw I had beds for all my children. I later found out the Aunt called DYFS on a few people on my block and the DYFS lady that came out each time was the AUNTS good friend!

Do you see a pattern yet with these people?

By this time, I decided to go with my husband and just ignore them altogether. I felt it was just the safest thing to do. But still I was being harrassed. I would be walking to my car and I would hear my name being called. I would ignore it, and she would call it over and over thinking I just didn't hear her. When I finally turned around and looked she would then say Hi. I would say hi back and turn and keep walking only to hear her then say "[snipped].

Remarks, digs, vile names, stares. Been living with that since the first time.

Now leading up to that day. What I said happened, was the exact way it happened.
    I could not get out of my driveway. He was looking at me and laughing because I could not get around him. Did I say "You could have moved up a little" in a snide way. No I did not. But he and his partner were just looking for an excuse.

[snipped]That's all it was. I did not assult him first. And I was being SPIT on by a homosexual. I do not know what he has. He could have aids. I could have had a cut on my face.
    You try being SPIT on numerous times and tell me you wouldn't get mad and that you will be the picture of calmness and grace.

Then to punch a woman, am I just suppose to stand there and let him beat the tar out of me?
    And with his possie (for lack of better words) blocking me. I do not regret defending myself.

I did apologize to him for calling him that name. I apologized for my behaviour to him that day. When I am wrong I say I am wrong.
    He also apologized for what he did.

I hope you will now get a better understanding of why I did what I did. Not justifying it because it was wrong. But yes, neighbors can really act out over nothing. Neighbors can really be attacked for no reason other than they do not like you because your a christian.

I never thought anyone could drive a plane through the world trade center, but that Sept. 11th I watched out my window and saw a second plane hit the tower and then the towers go down.

I never thought a mother could kill her children, but you hear it all the time. I never thought a man would take from me without me freely giving, but he did. I never thought a pregant woman feeling a child living inside her would abort it. But it happens every minute of the day.
    I never thought I would be arrested, but I was. I never thought I would have DYFS stting at my door, but they were.

Don't be so nieve. People do strange things for strange reasons. I am just a simple woman, trying to raise her family and serve God. But the devil sure keeps putting up road blocks.

Now back to my original statement. The ONLY reason I told my story in teh first place was to warn people. To learn from my mistake.

I didn't think I was ever going to have to defend myself here. Among my brothers and sisters.
    But I should have known.

A lady at out church came on this board alot, and bragged about how people here were so noce and how helpful you all were. Then something unimaginable happened to her, and she came here for comfort (which that is not the reason I am here) and instead of getting what she needed she was condemned and made to feel like she was the one who was wrong and it made her more ashamed of herself. And what happened to her was in NO WAY her fault.
    You have drove her off. She has not been on this or any other chriatian board since. So I would like to personally thank you for that.

I can see why. Stacie was the only one here who actually tried to defend me. And defending was not what I came here for. I came to tell a story to help others. Thank you BILLYMAC for making my point mute.

[ October 04, 2004, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob ]

13. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

BibleMaMa,
    I offered you scripture to help you out of a dark situation and even offered a prayer for your safety. What have you offered in return???

14. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Let me just add to that....

You will notice that in the far right hand column of the Index page are listed any number of Moderators by name and the webmaster. By clicking on any of those names you can send them a private message.

If you think that ANYONE has been run off these boards by another poster, by all means loge a complaint and have it investigated. Personally, I don't think any poster has the power to run anyone else off these boards. If a poster makes a conscious decision not to continue to post here, then that is up to them and has nothing to do with another poster or group of posters.

The word "you" could mean all of you here on this board, but if by chance you are making an accusation against me personally, I'd advise you to retrack that accusation as that is a personal attack on my character. Either name the person involved and state the details of HER complaint or retract your accusation.

So far all I see from you are elements of a haughty proud nature, casting blame on others, and a lack of thankfulness for what has been offered to you in good faith. What you have offered by bringing up the alleged hurt of another is that you came here to avenge the hurt of that friend of yours. And in that regard and my eariler suspicion, you make my point moot.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm opting to close this thread, which is going nowhere fast.