1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh help. LOL

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Gina B, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I need motivation...I WANT to thoroughly clean the house today. I really do.
    Actually, what I REALLY want is for the house to be thoroughly clean. I got up all ready to go and looked and my body said "ew."

I'm getting demotivated and I blame a lot of it on the dog. SERIOUSLY! I vacuumed three times yesterday. Seriously. She's shedding her winter coat and besides that, sheds like crazy anyhow. I HATE THAT! She's perfectly healthy (just had her at the vet to make sure) but for a small dog that isn't even a long-haired dog, she sheds an insane amount. I love her but I'm also allergic so the extra hair is making me all stuffy and I'm SICK of vacuuming. I even vacuumed HER the other day. I honestly can't figure out how she manages to still have a thick coat of hair after all the brushing and vacuuming.

If I could figure out a way to make the shedding less or make it easier to get off the carpet, it would definitely motivate me to get everything done today.

Got any tips, tricks, bright ideas? APART from getting rid of the dog. She's an indoor dog, always will and must be, and she's a rescue that we promised a good home and everyone loves her, so she's definitely staying.

HAYULP!

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same thing here with our dog. I think she's shedding for summer. We have wood floors, so the hair just flies around and sticks in the corners and on our clothes. We've taken to vacuuming her daily as well as combing with a small tooth comb. Now every time she sees the vacuum she runs to hide!

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Gina - I'm in the same boat. I have my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and dad coming over tomorrow PLUS it's going to be 95 tomorrow so I really want to get the house cleaned today. I did one load of laundry and it's on the line, the other is in the washer right now. I need to do two more loads at least.

One thing that friends of mine and I like to do is to do periods of time for cleaning then take a break. We've done 15 work/15 rest, 30 work/15 rest, 45 work/15 rest or even 25 work/5 rest. For the rest times, we hop online and encourage each other. I think I'll do that today - and I'll post here!!

Right now it is noon and I'm sitting down to a muffin and coffee. When I get done here, I'm going to scrub my shower, clean the toilet and then clear off the counter so I can clean the rest of the bathroom. I'll also bump the laundry over as well.

So if anyone wants to join me, I'm going to get up in around 5 minutes and I'll be back here at 12:45 Eastern time to see if anyone else is doing this!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Ha! I started something similar. Will be happy to meet back here! I just got off my first bend...got the dishes rinsed and in the dishwasher (still got pots and pans to do though) vacuumed, put spot cleaner down and now put carpet deodorizer down and it's sitting until I vacuum again, got the plants out back set and dragged in the spinach to grow indoors since they can't live outside in this heat.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - I'm back. I left later than I thought (it's easy to get sucked into the computer!!) but I did get the shower cleaned, the toilet cleaned, found the Windex (a child used it and put it somewhere I'd NEVER find it - I think I need a second bottle), rebooted the laundry, straightened up the entry hall (aka the dumping ground) and grabbed a bunch of stuff to take out later to Goodwill. :) So now I'm resting with a large cup of water (it's warm today and I'm sweating so I want to make sure I drink plenty of fluids).

Next up will be to wash the kitchen windows and screens, water the porch plants, finish cleaning the bathroom and continuing with laundry. If I can do it, I want to straighten up the living room as well.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm MELTING! Melting I say! Didn't have breakfast or lunch, so hubby ran out to get me Arby's. Whoo-hoo!

So got a load of towels in, they're ready for the drier and next load to go in but it can wait till after lunch, can I get an amen? :laugh:

Cleared off the coffee tables, scrubbed one off (thanks kids!) and went through mail and papers and tossed stuff we don't need anymore. Vacuumed again to get the deodorizer off, got the kitchen table cleared and cleaned and the microwave and stand cleared and cleaned. I may be walking around looking at people out the corners of my eyes for a while, too much STUFF that could easily be tossed when dated or put in the filing cabinet which is easily accessible and has labeled folders. ARUGALA! (that's what I growl to them when I get all disturbed, lol)

Next tackle will be the kitchen counters/cupboards reorganized (I'm slightly OCD on that subject, I want my spices and soups and morning products and stuff in the right place!) , get the pots and pans scrubbed, towels in drier and second load in washer.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I DON'T WANNA GO!!! I LIKE SITTING ON MY REAR!!!

But off I go to complete the next thirty minutes. I'll be back at the 30.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - Back. My bathroom was a MESS but it's all clean now. I still need to wait for the counter to dry then organize all of my stuff and that will take at least 15 minutes so I'll do that next go ahead. I also got the laundry re-booted and all of the stuff in my car that will go to Goodwill and then the wool coats are in there too to go to the dry cleaners. I'll run errands later today.

It's getting WARM here. The outdoor thermometer is reading 89 and I still have the house open. The kids are still dragging...I mean doing homeschooling. LOL

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I understand, think I'm running out of steam! All I did was scrub the potty in the main bedroom and transfer the laundry and put a new load in.

I might see if I can take a short nap and get revived.

Weather says it's 90 and feels like 93 but it's still climbing upward. We seem to hit the highs at around 4pm.

Pant pant pant...one kid home from attending VBS, another home who was teaching it, got another out who is teaching at a music camp, the other is still passed out in bed. One day she'll break down and admit her medical issues are getting to her.

Good grief, I gotta do more. Hubby started helping and I said no, go relax and watch tv or something. I think I'll take that no back and replace it with a yes. :saint:

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm taking a longer break this time - took 30 minutes because I had to do some website stuff again. Man, these people at church want EVERYTHING on the website! LOL

Next up, I'm going to sweep the entry hall then clean up the living room and dining room. If the laundry is ready to be done, I'll reboot it again.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OK - So I cleaned the outside of the kitchen windows, took off the screens, washed the screens and then saw how dirty the house is so I took the hose to it - getting the windows all wet. LOL I hope they dry clean. :)

It's definitely getting hot here. It's over 90 now. It felt REALLY good to wash the house/screens. :D

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Ya'll are making me tired! And I already wanted to take a nap and have been trying to talk myself out of it!

I think I'll try the coffee route instead of a nap though, not that I'm doing anything productive. Productive is over for today (two doc appts and dealing with ins for Chris wisdom teeth removal), but I still hate to sleep during the day!

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've been slacking now. But I DID rewash my 21 year old daughter's laundry. She left it wet in the dryer. ???!!!! Umm - how hard is it to press "start" once you put the laundry in?? So it stunk and I had to rewash it and I hung it on the line so she can deal with it when she gets home from work (she's working over 50 hours this week otherwise I'd have made her rewash it).

I still need to put the screens back in the kitchen windows, put the rest of the recycling out for tomorrow, organize my bathroom stuff and make my bed. Then I need to finish cleaning up the kitchen, do the living room and dining room and then collapse. :D

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

MK, sounds more than productive to me! I made some ICED coffee!

Took my rest, had more ice cold drinks, typed up a zillion page paper thingie for hubby, and just got done with a cool shower so I'm feeling a bit rejuvenated.

I shall not let this annsni chickie beat me though. ROFL Took the SCREENS off?! Okay, I'm back in the game. Gonna go wash the windows like I said I wanted to YESTERDAY, get some more laundry in, and finally finish that kitchen. Oh yeah, on my way to do it right :sleep:

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

ROTFL - It was my three windows in my kitchen that are easy to get to and the ones we see daily. They are also the windows that have the sun shining in right at the same time that my family will be here tomorrow and the spider webs really pick up the light well. :laugh: So I HAD to get them done!! :D

I have another load of laundry in, straightened the living room, got all of the recycling out (had to hunt through the garage to make sure I got it all) and planted one plant. It was one I got from...OH! (I couldn't remember) It was from when Lauren was first sick and a sweet family from church brought it to her in the hospital. It was a Gerbera Daisy and it was not doing well in the pot so it's now planted in the garden. :)

I feel like I still have a thousand things to do though!!

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Hrm. I think I may be able to help out with the unfinished stuff. First, most people really notice the floor. So to clean it fast, simply sprinkle cleaner on it, wet a small horse or large dog, then sprinkle the animal with itching powder, creating a high-powered rolling mop. After this, let everything go and let your guests know the following:

1. Response to cobwebs: I believe God wants us to show love to all critters in creation, no matter how small!

2. Response to dust: I'm allergic, can't touch the stuff!

3. Response to piled up laundry: We're building a replica of the Tower of Babel to teach the kids about sin. How do you think it looks?

4. Response to food on dishes: The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. We're faithfully waiting for the take-away part to happen!

5. Response to any offensive odors: There will be none because you'll spray paper towels with perfume and stuff them under cushions and behind potted plants.

Okay, so I finished the kitchen except the main cupboard that needs it most (saving the best for last, that's Scriptural ya know!) and got another load of clothes in the dryer. Went to do windows and have no napkins, paper towels, or newspapers, and the newspapers don't matter because I wouldn't use them anyhow but somehow that makes it sound more like there's a true issue when you don't have 3 commonly used things rather than just two. I'm trying to convince myself that it may not be wise to use a kitchen towel as it may leave little strands of cloth. It's not working though, I think I'm gonna have to go do it. :laugh:

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

ROTFL - You made me giggle quite a bit!! :D

OK - So how about a sanitary napkin? That could wash those windows and keep the dirt inside those little "stay dry channels"!

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Ya know, this shirt WAS white until I spewed coffee all over it! :laugh:

19. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, now that I have read all these posts, laughed til I cried, and gathered my composure back together....

I swept, mopped, and vaccuumed, got all the laundry caught up, made two pans of peach cobbler, gave a piano lesson, and now I am at work until 6 AM.

(deep breath)

20. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Long long ago in a galaxy far far away, I worked as a governess beyond the black stump. It was very hot almost all the time, there was no aircon as the generator ran down with the lighting and of course fuel was not to be wasted. Anyhow, the womenfolk tended to do the heavy housework about 0400hrs when the night was at its coolest. That way you could just pant unhappily on the veranda when it was really hot....36C