1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh how arrogant...

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by jimraboin, Sep 10, 2003.

1. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

...we Gentiles can be! We are commanded not to boast over Jews yet we cling to Catholic anti-semetism with absolute vigor. All Jews did not reject Yeshua in times past. Nor do all reject him now. In fact, some would say more Jews are coming to Yeshua now then ever before. Revival, it would seem is coming "first to the Jew" in the pattern and method HaShem our God has ordained.

Only Jews in leadership were slow to believe. And this happened for our benefit. That we might share in the promise given to Israel. We Gentiles had better be grateful a hardening took place in Israel's leadership. If it hadn't, we most likely would not have had the opportunity to receive Jesus.

We need to humble ourselves as Gentiles before our Jewish brothers. They were first and are still first. We are loved but must always be aware of our adoption.

How many thousands of Jews in Israel during Yeshua's ministry believed? And how many believed in the book of Acts? To say "all Jews rejected Messiah" is simply a falsehood Catholicism uses to hoist itself into an imagined place of spiritual authority.

Flee the Harlot while there is still time. Then you will escape the judgement appointed for her.

Ani l'Dodi v'Dodi li
    (I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine )

Jim

2. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Jim, I am sure this will go unanswered, but please cite for me your source that says that the Church teaches that "all Jews rejected Messiah."

BTW, I am really growing weary from all these little "quotes" on this board that are really nothing more than the poster's own bias.

3. MikeS

MikeS New Member

Thanks for sharing, Jim. We all look forward to your future anti-Catholic insights. [​IMG]

4. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

If it is "anti-Catholic" to follow Israel's G-d and the words he gave them, then I am as you say, "anti-Catholic".

The Jew was first and is still first. There is no room for this fact in Gentile Christianity. If I am wrong, please put me in my place.

Jim

5. jimraboin

jimraboin Guest

Jim, I am sure this will go unanswered, but please cite for me your source that says that the Church teaches that "all Jews rejected Messiah."

BTW, I am really growing weary from all these little "quotes" on this board that are really nothing more than the poster's own bias.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ron,

This thread is in response to what CatholicConvert said here:

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=001897

Jim

6. trying2understand

trying2understand New Member

Jim, in your opening post you said:

"To say "all Jews rejected Messiah" is simply a falsehood Catholicism uses to hoist itself into an imagined place of spiritual authority."

To begin with, CatholicConvert does not speak as an authoritative voice for the Church. When he does speak, it is as an individual Catholic who may or may not be correct concerning the teachings of the Church.

Therefore, whatever he says would not necessarily be what "Catholicism" says or uses.

Of further note: CatholicConvert did not say, "all Jews rejected Messiah".

So again, please cite your source for this "quote".

Or kindly retract it.

[ September 10, 2003, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: trying2understand ]

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, you're wrong. I'm a Gentile Christian, and in reading the 11th chapter of Romans I find that God has not rejected the Jews at all, and that in fact I am a "grafted" member of their olive tree.

So see? There is room for such a view, though it admittedly puts a cramp in your hyperbole.

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Spoken by a somewhat famous (whose name I will refrain from mentioning) Baptist preacher in the mid-50's:

"We reject fraternization of Christians with Jews, Papists, and colored."

I think we did a pretty good job of antisemitism on our own, not something I'm proud of, but something I accept as one of the dark parts of American Baptist history. I hope we've learned a thing or two since then.