1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ohio State vs. Florida

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Dec 4, 2006.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

ut oh...the Vol fans are turning on each other, everybody run for cover...:tonofbricks: :laugh:

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Actually I do and think it will be sooner rather than later. I like both their schedule and returning talent next year.

3. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most programs would be proud to have the 20th best class... at UT its a let down.

4. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As long as UF plays football they'll get talent. It is a talent rich state. Even Zook got great classes.

However, don't count FSU out. They now have Jimbo Fisher as OC and some very good recruits considering them.

Tebow may or may not be good. He won't be the change up next year and won't have a change up. He'll get hit on practically every play and won't be able to put on the FB routine through a 12 game SEC season. Worse yet, he loses 3 of the 4 best WR's on the team and has no credible RB coming back. Their defense which carried them most of the year could end up with as few as 3-5 returning starters.

The talent will be there but not alot of experience.

IMO, Any team in the SEC east could win it next year except for Vandy. UK has come along but lost their DC. Spurrier is still DarthVisor. Richt made some major staff changes and is still loaded with talent. UF has talent. UT has talent. UT and UF should be favorites but the margin between them and UK isn't so significant that the Cats couldn't shock the world.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That would be interesting.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Scott wrote:
    You're right.
    Still, I think it may be too late for FSU to have a great class this year. Next year, maybe. And Zook left the cupboard full for Meyer.
    Tebow will be a good QB, but the jury's out as for his being the every down QB. He will have Wynn back at TB won't he? Harvin will be a hoss at WR. The defense loses a lot. What a defense...fast and physical. Speaking of team losses, we lose all three of our WRs unless Meachem changes his mind about early entry. Ouch.

PastorSBC wrote:
    Nah, I just point out the fair-weather fans whenever I can. :thumbs:

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

On Tebow, in HS which isn't the same he was a passer as well as a runner and at times a MLB. He is a honor student, and does not have the big head . His father is a missionary and Tim has seemed to live a good christian life while in HS. That does not mean he will be great, but it does show the foundation is there.

But I'm the guy who knew Pat Screen from Port Arthur would be the greatest Qb LSU had ever had (that was back in the 60's). When he wasn't hurt, he was good but not great.

8. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. He's a SR.
    Except they'll probably have to play him even more at RB.
    Yes that doesn't help but they've got an absolute load of talent coming in at WR and are in the running for a couple more that could play as Freshmen. The JUCO transfer O'Neal will probably start. The TE's will be a focus too and I think the return of the running game is on the horizon with all those returning OL's from the 3 deep roster and 3 experienced (and hopefully healthy) RB's.

Ainge being a Sr with now a ton of confidence makes a huge difference.

I think they'll find 3 or 4 good WR's out of that group. One should be O'Neal. I'd predict that Hancock is another then one of the newcomers and one out of the returning group.

The defense needs DT depth but otherwise should be among the best in the conference if not the nation.