1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OK for a woman to baptize?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rbell, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I agree that we see through a glass darkly now, but I also believe that over 35 years of preaching there have been many times that God has opened up a scripture to me that turned out to be simple after He showed me.

I claim to know nothing except Jesus Christ and Him crucified, arose the third day and conquered over death hell and the grave and if we are anything at all, it is through His's Grace. I believe I am a instrument for the Lord, and that He uses me for His great pleasure, for it pleases Him to save those who believe the preaching of the Gospel.

I am different from you on the translations. I believe God had a hand in that also, not all of them but some. He made a way where the poor could have the written word. Salvation is between a man and God. He don't need me to be saved, but I do believe I can tell him word that whereby he might be saved.

We are an "old time people" who still rejoice and praise the Lord in our services. I do not use prepared sermons, but come to the stand depending on the Lord to provide what is needed for that congregation. It has worked all these years and I know that His Spirit has taken over me and helped me preach His word. We are a Spirit filled church.

Yes, I have known several preachers excluded for adultery and drinking and after someone has marked themselves with the world, we never put them in the stand again. First of all, they have to come through the door as a new member, but we never even consider preaching them again. I catch a lot of flack for that, but that is how we believe.

BBob,

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Time to close this thread. Please feel free to open another if you so desire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.