1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OK... I still have these nagging questions:

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by skypair, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Funny thing about the JSOC is that we are judged for things we do down here on earth, not the things we do at the JSOC. The break in the subject is only in your imagination.
    ditto
    Does it speak of destruction after death?
    Do you make these rules up as you go? I feel like I am playing Calvin-ball.

2. standingfirminChrist

Since the Bible teaches that Christ is not divided, and the Church is the Body of Christ, then the ones who are trying to divide the Body are not saved, but are 'certain men crept in unawares... ungodly men...'

3. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Maybe DHK is seeing something!
    DHK, God can and will pubish as He pleases. Forntunately He gave us the Bible and showed us how He chooses to punish both believers and unbelievers. At least you see that He can punish the unfaithful believer.

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

So anyone who doesn't agree with you is an unsaved man who crept in unawares?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is true that God is not limited, and can punish as he wishes. No one would dispute that. However God is immutable. There are certain things that even the Bible points out that God cannot do.
    The Bible declares that God cannot lie. That is an example of God going against his nature--something he cannot do.
    He also cannot go against His Word.
    ME is a doctrine wihich is contrary to his word. Even though one might conceded it is just another form of punishment, it isn't. It has implications that deny the very sufficiency of the blood of Jesus Christ. Christ will not go against His Word. The doctrines surrounding ME do go against his word, and thus cannot be accepted.

6. Accountable

Accountable New Member

What is this? A new form of equivilant mathematics?

7. lbaker

lbaker New Member

For sure!

Les

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Amen.

...there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

What if you received the wrong gospel to begin with? I guess that would be awkward, huh?

10. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Great example of circular reasoning my friend!

ME is wrong therefore it is wrong.:BangHead:

Either you accept that God can and WILL punish whomever is disobedient to Him as He sees fit or you deny it. You cannot excuse your system with the above circular nonsense.

We have shown you time and again that this doctrine upholds the sufficiency of Christ while also defending God's requirement that His children live a holy and obedient life, yet you continue in your circular merry-go-round.:tear:

11. lbaker

lbaker New Member

From 1st Cor. 1:

1Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

Sounds like Paul is definitely addressing saved folks here. He calls these people "brothers" and "infants in Christ", not "infants out of Christ". He then goes on to accuse them of quarreling and claiming to follow different men, the cause of the divisions.

So, at least some of the trouble makers were christians.

But, I still don't see anything that demands exclusion from a 1000 year earthly kingdom.

Les

12. standingfirminChrist

Anyone who doesn't agree with God and His Word is an unsaved man.

13. npetreley

npetreley New Member

No, there is no mention of any such thing as 1,000 years of hell as punishment in 1 Cor (or any book of the Bible). 1 Cor does mention getting sick and falling asleep as consequences.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If I accept your reasoning, Jim, then I must also accept the SDA doctrine of "annihilation of the wicked" another form of punishment, and the universalist's doctrine that everyone will be saved (including Satan) and thus there will be "no punishment."
    That is not circular reasoning. It is setting up a standard by the Word of God, and using the Word of God as the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. I must be able to "rightly divide the word of truth."

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Why should we not compare spiritual things with spiritual and interpret Paul's warning in light of Christ's in Matthew 10?

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

16. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

"But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 8:12

"Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 22:13

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 25:30

17. standingfirminChrist

If God puts the Child of God in hell for 1,000 years to pay for his or her sins after Salvation, then Christ died in vain. His blood was not sufficient to pay for those sins if the Child of God has to appease God by spending even one minute in hell.

God's children have an appointment at the JSOC, yes. But it is not an appointment to wrath.

God's people will suffer loss at the JSOC, but not punishment

18. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. But what does Jesus' warning in Matt 10 have to do with Paul?

2. Are they the same?

19. lbaker

lbaker New Member

I thought we were trying to stick to a discussion of 1st Cor. 3.

(and if you keep on quoting Matt. 10:28 you're going to open up the whole annihilation can of worms):)

Les

20. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Does Paul build on the foundation of Christ or not? How can you understand Paul without understanding the underlying teachings that he claims to build upon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.