1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oklahoma is backwards!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

But at least it's cause to giggle today. Never thought I'd laugh at flowers!

I have morning glories (I know, I know, you think they're weeds but I think they're beautiful!) all up against the back wall of the porch, climbing up, up, up to where I can't even reach.

Today when we woke up, it was WARM and cloudy, and the flowers stayed shut up tight. Now it is getting late in the evening and it is sunshiney, bright, and cold. You know, the OPPOSITE of how weather should work? Really...it was 70 around 7 am and it was in the fifties by noon by ANYWAYS!

Now that it's evening and bright and cool, the flowers are all opened up wide and announcing themselves. LOL

I talked to them (just a little, don't panic, plants get lonely too!) and explained that they are called MORNING glories for a reason.

They didn't listen.

ssssiiiiiiigggghhhhhh

2. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

That's so weird. My neighbor's cherry tree is blooming. Doesn't it know that its autumn and not spring?? Maybe that's not backwards, but it's definitely confused. hehe.

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is nothing wrong or weirdabout talking to plants.

4. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mother nature is wishy-wahsy these days. The other day it was in the 90s and today it is in the 550s and it issupposed t get down tothe 20s tonight. I like this cooler weather.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

They are also called "bindweed" for a reason. <G>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindweed

Bindweed
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Look up bindweed in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
    Bindweed may refer to:

Convolvulaceae (bindweed family or morning glory family), a family including about 60 genera and more than 1,650 species
    Calystegia (bindweed, false bindweed, morning glory), a genus of about 25 species of flowering plants
    Convolvulus (bindweed, morning glory), a genus of about 250 species of flowering plants
    Fallopia convolvulus (black bindweed), a fast-growing annual flowering plant
    Solanum dulcamara (bittersweet nightshade, blue bindweed), a species of vine

6. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our "4 o'clocks" open up at around noon, and close down at about 3:30.

7. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand, Gina. We had a freeze on Monday and it was 86 today (a new record, BTW). And this is outside the front window:

[​IMG]