1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Old Regular Baptist Church Houses

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Old Union Brother, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

This is a picture of the Union Old Regular Baptist Church at Jonancy, Ky. The building was built in 1902 as a two room school. In 1947 the church bought the building and used it as our meeting house until 2008. The Lord blessed us to build a new building. We are now in our new building and the old one gone.

[​IMG]

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The Lord is good and supplies all our needs doesn't He? He's amazing!

3. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

Old Union Brother...

Nice picture. I hope to see the new building next year.

...Bob

4. Old Union Brother

This the the Little Rosa Church At Greenup, Ky taken on 12 December 2010.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

5. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Old Union,

Doesn't Little Rosa publish a songbook? I think I have one around somewhere.

6. Old Union Brother

This is the Little Rosa in the Philadelphia Association. I think that the song book you are referring was the Little Rosa in the New Salem Association.

Jeff

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Bro OUB,

The Little Rosa church that has the song book is in the Indian Bottom Association, my home association. At one time, the Little Rosa church was "one", but they split back in the early 2000's(?), and one side stayed with New Salem after they built a new church, and the one that is in IB has the original church building. The IB Little Rosa was an "indy" for a while, but they decided to letter up with IB after about three or fours years of being an "indy". They are some wonderful people, and have two preaching men that I have heard many times!! I hope this helps!!

Willis

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Forgive me for a little rabbit-chasing, but this thread triggered a question or two.

I am a Southern Baptist, Missionary Baptist. If I came to one of your ORB services, what differences, if any, would I notice.

I'm not necessarily talking about doctrine, because I suspect we're pretty close on that. I'm talking about practices, worship style, that sort of thing.