1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Older Mac USB help

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by baptistteacher, Jun 7, 2006.

1. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

I need help.

My Mac is an older G3, 233 mhz, beige desktop model, which came out about the time USB was beginning to be used. (Made in 1998). Machine ID is 510.

After upgrading to system 9.2.2, I installed a Keyspan USB card, which shows in the system profiler as being there, but I can't get any response to USB devices which I have hooked up to the port.

Any suggestions? :(

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

IT has been a while but I think I had problem is Mac OS 9 with a USB card but in Mac OS X on the same system it was fine.Maybe look at the Keyspan site if there are upgraded driverd for it.
    Does the extention load for that device?

3. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

There are several Keyspan extensions in the extensions folder:
    USB support
    USB composite driver
    USB keyboard module
    USB mouse module
    USB universal module
    USB hub driver 0, hub driver 1
    USB open HC driver.
    Also InputsprocketUSB, don't know if it's Keyspan or system origin.

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

hey, could you use a copy of Mac OS X Jaguar?
    I have an old copy of it and a 6 gig hard drive I could install it on. All you would need to do is put it in your system.

5. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Would OS X Jaguar run on this old machine? I only have 96mb ram. {Which was 3 times the recommended amount of 32mb when I bought this Mac. Times have changed, eh?}

I wanted to start out ahead of the curve, knowing that things were starting to change rather quickly. :type: