1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On a desert Island

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, May 3, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

KJVo's, I have another question. Let us assume that you are stuck on a desert for the rest of your life. You have a choice, you are allowed to keep a book, but only one book from the following list, what would you choose:

A)A REAL AV1611 (not the KJV1769 or any other version of the KJV)

B)The NKJV

C)Gail Riplinger's book

d) One of the TR compilations in Greek.

E) An ESV

Now, if you answered A, what would be the choice if A wasn't available, but B through E were available?

2. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Ugh,more cut n'paste theology..But I digress;I'll play ball.

It would be A..

And if "A" was not available,I would follow what Psalm 119:11 says..

3. TWade

TWade New Member

It's funny that this is the 'Bible Versions/Translations' forum, yet the overall majority of threads posted here has to do with King James Bible compared to all other translations.

Why not re-name the forum "King James vs. All Others." :rolleyes:

4. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Because that would be too easy..Shucks,we all know what the deal is.

All new bibles compare themselves to one thing and one thing only:the King James Bible!

These people would not have nothing to do if there wishes were to come true;but alas,if it hasn't happened in nearly 400 years it wont happen overnight.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Slambo, I really don't understand your post. Are you pro KJVo? That is the drift I get.

There is always a tendency to compare new translations against something that has been around for a while, but that is an error in theology because it is impossible to use the KJV as a standard because it is simply a translation itself. It is a good translation, no doubt about that; very accurate and contains the Word of God, but I do not go around spending my time comparing my ESV to the King James.

What hasn't happened in nearly 400 years? Since your KJV is only about 130 years old, what are you talking about?

6. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

You know, it is funny, no matter how many times you ask KJVo questions all you get is complaints about the questions --- no answers....I wonder if that is because there aren't any?

7. TWade

TWade New Member

Might be because the questions aren't worth the time it took to dream them up (see original topic post).

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Then why bother posting if you cannot answer them?

9. TWade

TWade New Member

Why bother posting goofy questions about desert islands, expecting "KJVO's" to play along with your game by giving you an "answer?"

10. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Or, more likely, you can't answer the questions so you make excuses?

11. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Then go and answer Skans questions in the other thread of questions KJVo's can't answer. If you are so full of answers, why don't you provide some. I don't think you would call his questions ridiculous? Prove yourself; check em out. Let's see some answers.

Obviously when you can't see humor, I will have to direct you to some real and specific questions that KJVo's can't answer. [​IMG]

12. TWade

TWade New Member

This is really silly. Getting accused of "making excuses" because I won't play along with the desert island game. Silly.

13. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

It was intended as humor TWade--went right over your noggin'--doesn't even require an answer. No, you don't have to play along. Like you said "Silly". :rolleyes:

If you want to really debate, go over and answer Skan's real questions instead of harping on my one little post. I bet you can't. ;)

14. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

You are kidding yourself. If you could answer, you would answer. The fact that you don't answer is proof that you can't answer.

The difference between you and me is that I really believe that old KJV! 1 Peter 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."

15. TWade

TWade New Member

Stop. And don't take Scripture out of context to suit your own purposes. I'm gonna give an answer to the island question based on the 1 Peter verse. [​IMG]

16. TWade

TWade New Member

And thank you for claiming that I don't believe my Bible.

17. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

If you don't obey it, you don't believe it.

18. TWade

TWade New Member

What a scholar. [​IMG] What a philosopher. [​IMG] That statement is full of holes and just not true.

That aside, you've taken scripture and have twisted it to accuse me of not giving an answer when asked in regards to what has been confessed of being for "humor." Read and study the verse in its context and stop accusing, not knowing what you are saying.

19. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

So, you claim to believe it, but refuse to obey it? Talk about holes in a philosophy!

I know what I am saying. I love the Lord and I love His word (KJV). And I will answer any person who asks me why.

If you won't, that is your problem. The questions are simple and the answers are simple also.

If you have something to offer other than bluster, name calling, and lies, please offer it. If not, then don't get mad when you are made to look like a fool in public.

20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Even though I do not like the TR as well as the UBS 4 or NA 27 I would pick it.