1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ON Hellfire

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JohnDB, Jul 22, 2009.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    However, this does not directly address the question of the O/P.

Since God is omipresent, his presence is everywhere in His creation, then yes his presence is there in hell as well.

HankD

2. Rex77

Rex77 Member

Ps 139:7 ¶ Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    Ps 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Pr 15:11 ¶ Hell and destruction are before the LORD: how much more then the hearts of the children of men?

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

(add on)

“……..he is not far from each one of us: for in him we live, and move, and have our being…”

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

But I think "hell" here refers to the grave or place of the dead, not the lake of fire spoken of in Revelation.

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

Marcia, the word here in the Hebrew relates not to one or the other but both at the time. As I have shown previously, there are Hebrew words that mean grave, tomb, etc.. The word 'sheol' reflects not only the physical place but at the same time the spiritual abode where the departed are, with emphasis more toward the spiritual world.

6. Rex77

Rex77 Member

Rev 14.
    10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
    11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I know all that. My point was that this is not the lake of fire referred to in Revelation, which is what we tend to think of as "hell."

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Yeah, I agree with you there :smilewinkgrin:

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Okey-dokey! :thumbs: