1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

On Voting

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jailminister, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

This excerpt is from Agapenews:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree totally. Avoid voting for a Demopublican candidate and vote for second party or independent candidates such as Constitution Party or Libertarian Party candidates. If one of these is not in a race, then just skip voting in that race. :cool:

Your country will be much better for it.

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

You must be from Arkansas

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell us, Mr. Jailminister, for whom will you vote for president in 2004? :cool:

And, yes, I am from Arkansas who put a whooping this season on your football team at the University of Texas in Austin. ;)

5. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Arkansas is one of my favorite teams(they need to learn to keep their temper though). I am not a fan of UT. ANYWAY: I am not sure at this time. I am praying that God raises up the right person. So far no one on the democrats or republicans look very promising. Alan Keyes has some good qualifications, but I am still looking.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I am rather surprised you are not totally behind the Constitution Party - www.constitutionparty.org . It has much to commend itself to a Christian voter.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've got that right on the money.

8. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

I know Howard Phillips and he is alright. But I am not wild about his leadership abilities. His stands are ok. He comes off as a little arrogant.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I vote for whom I think will be best eqipped to handle the specific problems that are anticipated in the next four years. Not whom anyone on this board thinks, but whom I think. I vote my conscience, not anyone else's conscience.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Phillips will not be the Constitution Party candidate in 2004. Most likely it will be:

Maryland attorney Michael Peroutka is currently the favorite to win the CP Presidential nomination for 2004 -- if he wants it. Party founder and three-time Presidential nominee Howard Phillips has already endorsed Peroutka for the nomination. Other CP state chairs have also expressed support for his likely candidacy. Peroutka has a long record of conservative activism, particularly on behalf of the pro-life and pro-gun causes. The above link goes to the Institute on the Constitution, a conservative non-profit organization he founded and directs. Within the party, Peroutka is the Maryland state party chairman and serves on the CP's National Executive Committee. From 1976-87, he worked on health care initiatives in the US Department of Health & Human Services. He left HHS and opened his own law firm after deciding that the programs on which he worked had no constitutional foundation. Peroutka is also the founder and director of the American College for Cultural Studies (a biblical-constitutionalist education program), and is active in several church and civic organizations. He opposed the US action in Iraq on constitutional grounds: "It's not that Congress doesn't have the authority to declare war. It's just that it hasn't done so." However, he emphasizes that he strongly supported the US troops in Iraq while opposing "the unconstitutional procedures under which they were committed to fight." Peroutka's strong Christian beliefs also influence his political views. He advocates the view that the Constitution is founded on the Bible and it can't be sustained without a biblically-grounded judiciary.

- www.politics1.com/const04.htm#peroutka