1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One Can Tell a Lot About Someone By...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rolfe, Oct 12, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "In the dog-eat-dog economy, the Doberman is boss. - Edward Abbey - "

I've an Anatolian Shepherd that would dispute that. :)

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

The Anatolian is a formidable beast. But while you dog is out guarding the sheep, mine is inside where it's nice and cozy guarding the family. :D

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mine's old and lame, not near as formidable as she was in her younger days but her heart's still young and there's no doubt she would fight to the death to guard the place and us, and she does spend a lot of time in the house these days. Dobermans are outstanding dogs, listed like #5 in intelligence of all breeds, and if you've never witnessed it I can attest they move like greased lightning in a fight. My in-laws had Doberman's. But you just can't have free range chickens and free range Dobermans in the same proximity. Just not possible (well maybe possible if they grew up together).

#23 kyredneck, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off topic (still) but I just gotta share this. Went with some friends in southern Illinois to a Doberman breeding kennel to check the puppies out.. The owner asked what they were looking for in a Doberman and they told him "one that is safe with children, will bark but not bite". He said forget this litter, you'll want one from this other litter. My friend asked how he could tell when they're puppies and the owner picked up a puppy from that litter and squeezed it between it's toes and the puppy immediately clamped down on his hand. He went to the other litter, picked up a puppy and squeezed it between it's toes and the puppy whimpered and struggled to get away. I've often wondered if this test would work with all breeds.

OK, I'm done, I just find this sort of stuff interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was 45 years ago (man, time flies), before the days of changing stations, and I don't recall ever seeing children there. Although the place never sold liquor, BYOB was allowed and practiced in a large way, IOW, it was definitely an adult atmosphere.

Bingo. THAT was a major source of mess; very impressionable to a male teenager having to clean it up.

6. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm guilty of that often.

Would have posted sooner but...

God bless.