1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One Flip-flopper to Another

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 17, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is hillarious.:applause:

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=1011732

Kerry to Mitt: Who’s flip-flopping now?

By Casey Ross
    Boston Herald Reporter

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 - Updated: 08:52 AM EST

Still stung by accusations of his own flip-flopping, U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry yesterday put the shoe on the other foot, accusing former Gov. Mitt Romney of being the real chameleon of presidential politics and jabbing him with the same painful taunts that helped sink Team Kerry in 2004.
    “Let’s be very clear. I had not changed my positions and they played a game with that,” Kerry said of his Republican opponents in the 2004 race.
    By contrast, he said, Romney is far more deserving of the flip-flopper label. “He’s changed on abortion, he’s changed on gay rights and he’s changed on marriage,” Kerry said. “He’s changed on guns and he’s changed on the war. That’s pretty significant. I think people are asking the question out there, ‘Who is he, really?’ ”

A Romney spokesman quickly returned fire yesterday, charging that Kerry is harboring the delusions of a fallen contender.
    “This is a textbook case of Freudian projection,” Eric Fehrnstrom said. “John Kerry is projecting his own undesirable traits onto other people. It’s a mild form of personality disorder. Usually, it’s not a cause for concern unless it shows up in a U.S. senator.”
    In 2004, President Bush and his strategists relentlessly attacked Kerry’s credibility, accusing him of switching his position on the Iraq war to score points with voters.
    Now, with the 2008 race heating up, Romney is the one fending off that unflattering moniker. Democratic and Republican opponents continually accuse him of campaign-trail policy conversions, often sending reporters long lists of Romney’s inconsistencies.
    For his part, Romney has admitted to changing his stance on abortion, but he said that was due to embryonic research and other technologies he believes are further undermining the value of human life.
    Asked whether he thinks Romney will have more success in shaking the label than he did, Kerry said, “It’s up for (others) to answer. It’s not my race. It’s Republican primary process. I don’t know exactly how they all do their thing.”