1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One Gospel or TWO - what say You?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Agree Shiloh. From everything that I've read SDA's post here it seems to me they believe in a works based salvation. When they say that the people in hell are the ones that did not obey God's commands that sounds like works to me. People go to hell because they rejected the Savior. Period.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Baptists also believe in works based salvation, they just pretty it up a little.

Full immersion or you aren't a Christian.

No drinking or you're not a Christian.

Vote Republican or you're not a Christian.

Be pro-death penalty or you're not a Christian.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh please. You'll find weirdos in every denomination. Even the PC.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So every Baptist I speak to here is a wierdo?

Fascinating.

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No, just some of them!:laugh: :laugh:
    Not EVERY baptist believes those things on your list. I sure don't.

6. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Baptists also believe in works based salvation, they just pretty it up a little.

Full immersion or you aren't a Christian.

No drinking or you're not a Christian.

Vote Republican or you're not a Christian.

Be pro-death penalty or you're not a Christian.

That's a lie !

Which load of pumpkins did you fall off of?

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Prove it.

Show me the Baptist doctrine that says any mode of baptism is acceptable for membership in the church. Show me the Baptist doctrine that allows alcohol in moderation. Show me the Baptist church that is supporting Democratic policies and candidates, openly or tacitly. Show me the Baptist preacher who hasn't thanked God for the death penalty at least once from his pulpit.

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Here it is talking about the grave.. but thats what it says.

Rv:20:13: And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Rv:19:20: And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

if you read Revelation 14 it tells you those who dont have the mark of the beast are they that keep the commandments...

and you just totally misinterpret this entire thing...

If you love God you will keep His commandments. If you have received the grace of God you will stop breaking them. its that simple.

Rom:6:15: What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

and you stop breaking the commandments because you love God and let self DIE.... no more occasion to BOAST of your good works or to think you are the one doing them. You DIE and allow Jesus to live in you... He does the works IN you. You, being DEAD dont go around trying to do good works to gain merit or to try to work your way into heaven. YOU CANT, YOU ARE DEAD!

thats where you completely misinterpret the SDA position.

Go REALLY READ Romans Chapter 6. IF you dont DIE, Jesus cant live in you and if Jesus doesnt live in you, you arent going to be saved. And if you DIE you will no longer yield your members to sin (transgression of the Law)...

Go REALLY READ Romans Chapter 8 as well.

#28 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I think that people simply interpret "works" differently, Claudia. I may not consider going to church on Saturday important, but I'm all about helping "widows and orphans," y'see?

Just a thought.

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

tragic,

well the Bible says BOTH things... because theres the sheep and the goats thing and in the end, its the sheep that are placed on the right hand of Jesus... the sheep see one who is in need and they go help them

remember how the Pharisees misinterpreted the Sabbath and they would allow someone to die on Sabbath? well that was WRONG... they misinterpreted the law. The foundation of the law was love and always has been

but that doesnt mean you throw out the law...

Lk:11:42: But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

thats why Jesus told them, hey you have heard thou shalt not kill but Im telling you you shouldnt even have hate in your heart..

but that doesnt mean its ok to kill now, right?

#30 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

C_T, I understand where you're coming from, I think.

It's just as important to maintain personal purity as it is to be "salt and light" to the world at large. You and I will disagree on the extent of what these things mean, but you've yet to dismiss me as "PC" or "just a Liberal." Can't say that for most of the "True Christians" here, and that goes a long way in demonstrating Christlikeness, in my book.

12. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Show me the Baptist doctrine that says any mode of baptism is acceptable for membership in the church. Show me the Baptist doctrine that allows alcohol in moderation. Show me the Baptist church that is supporting Democratic policies and candidates, openly or tacitly. Show me the Baptist preacher who hasn't thanked God for the death penalty at least once from his pulpit. by the pizza

NO! I won't stoop to answer anything as ridiculous as that.

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

OK, then I'm right. Thanks.

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

tragic,

I keep seeing this "PC" thing, what does that mean?

and I wouldnt dismiss you as anything... honest :wavey:

15. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Originally Posted by Shiloh
    Show me the Baptist doctrine that says any mode of baptism is acceptable for membership in the church. Show me the Baptist doctrine that allows alcohol in moderation. Show me the Baptist church that is supporting Democratic policies and candidates, openly or tacitly. Show me the Baptist preacher who hasn't thanked God for the death penalty at least once from his pulpit. by the pizza

NO! I won't stoop to answer anything as ridiculous as that.

that was on tragic pizzas thing... so this is a works thing then? someone other than Shiloh will have to answer me since I cant see his/her posts anymore.

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

"Politically Correct." If you dare to think of women as equals, dislike bigotry in any form (inluding against gays and Catholics), then you're automatically "PC" in some minds.

17. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I'm merely saying that, for all the accusations about SDA's being "works based," the Baptists are just as bad.

18. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

OK, then I'm right. Thanks. pizza
    [demeaning language deleted]

#38 Shiloh, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  19. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

ok I get it now. well I would think that would be just part of your view on how to be a Christian... but Im not sure.

20. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I love you, too.

#40 tragic_pizza, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007