1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One Gospel or TWO - what say You?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

That's exactly right.

2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shiloh
    OK, then I'm right. Thanks. pizza

[offensive language deleted]

I love you, too.

You are going to have to be even more annoying to Shiloh so they will call you stupid instead of just ignorant, like they do me. --not that Im trying to brag or anything.

(just kidding) (sorta)

#42 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

You mean you couldn't care less. :type:

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Well, I've gotten in a lot of trouble for calling names. Shiloh should take care.

#44 tragic_pizza, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2007
  5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I think it's theoretically possible for me to care less, though.

I mean, I could fall asleep at my desk or something...

:smilewinkgrin:

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Claudia;
    The Judean religon was based on the keeping of the Law, but one had to believe in God first in order to keep the Law. The Law can't save man neither can anything that man does. The problem as I see it with keeping the Law is that man cannot keep the Law. He never could. Which is why man needs a Savior.

Even David a man after God's own heart broke the Law even though he believed in God at the time. The atonement at the time wasn't good enough to pay for sins. It never was. It was only meant to show the future of Salvation. How was man saved before Christ?. Men were saved but they didn't have eternal life they did believe in God. None can come unto the Father except through Christ. Christ is the only way. there is no other.
    Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Men didn't even know His name so they could be saved by Him.
    Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

There Salvation only set them aside. Held captive to be set free by Christ if they accepted Christ.

I've never studied SDA I don't know what they believe. Although there is 4 gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Even though the OT points to the NT they are seperated by being the old covenant and the new.
    Heb 12:24
    And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

There never was any gospel even mentioned in the Old Testament.

MB

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

MB, yes there was. "Gospel" means "Good News." News of the Messiah's coming, at any time, was certainly VERY good news!

8. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

MB:

"And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance." Hebrews 9:15.
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times]NOTE. - The blood of Christ availed for believers the same in the old dispensation as it does in the new. The first promise made to man, that the seed of the woman should bruise the serpent's head, was as verily the gospel of Jesus Christ as was the song the angels sung over the plains of Bethlehem, to the shepherds, as they watched their flocks by night, "Glory to God in the highest, peace on earth, good will to men."[/FONT]

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Claudia, your view doesn't seem to be much different than the Reformed understanding of Scripture as either pointing forward to, or reflecting back upon, the Word of God Incarnate, Jesus Christ.

It's all Gospel.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then blatantly dumping 39 books out of the 66 and insisting that they NOT be used for "correction for doctrine for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be adequately equipeed" would be a "bad thing".

Claiming that 39 of the 66 do NOT contain the Gospel but contain some other means of salvation that would get you listed among the saints of Heb 11 is in fact teaching "another gospel"....

to that I would agree.

Then of course there is Shiloh -- making stuff up "as usual".

Sad to see that twist taken on this thread by Shiloh -- but I had to call him on it -- since he was kind enough to MAKE my point in the first part of his post.

in Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So this appears to be another vote in FAVOR of the 66 books of the Bible presenting the ONE TRUE gospel from cover to cover. "Saved by grace through faith and that not of yourselves - it is the gift of God".

You reject the notion that the ONE Gospel -- is NOT to be found in the teaching of the OT text?

In Christ,

Bob

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

DHK strips scripture down to 27 out of the 66 books and denies that the SCRIPTURE being spoken of in 2Tim 3:15-17 DOES contain the one and ONLY Gospel.

Even though Paul says in Heb 4 "the gospel was preached to US JUST as it was to THEM also". Speaking of the ONE gospel - the ONLY Gospel preached in all of scripture.

In Christ,

Bob

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where did they dig this guy up??? At some point he will find an end to "story telling" and will show some value for the Word of God -- or an ounce of truth... but until then...

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There seems to be a ground swell of opinion when it comes to Shiloh --

Now back to DHK's point in the OP

15. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

..tell me about it... I ended up putting him on ignore finally cause I got tired of him following me around insulting me, or at least trying to

16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since Shilow is still trying to hijack this thread with wild fantasies instead of focused on the OP -- here it is again -- please note the inconvenient details...

--------------------------------

From the SDA thread page 12 DHK said

By Contrast to that "Good Bible vs Bad Bible" approach to SCRIPTURE - Paul says in 2Tim 3 "ALL Scripture is inspired AND is used for Doctrine".

In Gal 1:6-9 we are told that in ALL of time there has only been ONE GOSPEL and in Gal 3:7 we are told that this Gospel was PREACHED to Abraham.

In John 8:56 Christ said "Abraham SAW My day and was glad"

in 1Peter 1 we are told that this ONE Gospel was revealed to the OT prophets -- by the "Spirit of CHRIST that was IN THEM"

1 Peter 1
    10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
    11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

And yet the Gospel denying - scripture slicing approach that DHK models for us -- is still very common. What is your view of the Gospel and of scripture?

"Whatever is not repeated Get's deleated"? so that when things stop repeating you can do away with them?

"Good Bible bad Bible"? Anyone quoting from the OT is in error?

"Gospel is only in Malachi? Or Luke? Matt 28?" such that "I won't read scripture from any other parts of God's Word"??

In Christ,

Bob

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wise choice -- I think he is allergic to truth. Some kind of wild fantasy reaction whenever he sees it. But enough about his gaming the thread - on with our topic.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Any time you have to say that the Gospel IS NOT in the OT you are admitting that either the OT saints of Heb 11 were not saved OR the were saved and lived their lives as STATED in Heb 11 - fully accepted by God under "another Gospel".

I don't see how you can escape this fact.

19. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Claudia
    Men both in the OT and NT if saved at all are saved by the blood of Christ. The difference is the in OT believers had to wait for the only atonement that was good enough to pay for there sins. David said;
    Psa 16:9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
    Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    Psa 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
    David was in hell when he learned of Jesus' atonement and when during the three days Christ body lay in the tomb Jesus descended there to set the captives free Verse 11 shows that David believed that the Lord would come and show him the way.
    MB

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Hbr 4:2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard [it].

If it was preached unto them (same one) then it was in the OT also.

One