1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One Gospel or TWO - what say You?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 8, 2007.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Obviously, at least two! See Gal. 1:6-10. I believe I read something there about "another gospel".

:confused: :rolleyes:

Ed

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    indeed for as Paul said in Gal 3:7 "The gospel was preached to Abraham" -- after stating in Gal 1:6-9 that those who "claim" that there are in fact two legitimate gospels are to be accursed.

There has been one - and only one Gospel in all of time.
    In Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

By Contrast to that "Good Bible vs Bad Bible" approach to SCRIPTURE - Paul says in 2Tim 3 "ALL Scripture is inspired AND is used for Doctrine".

In Gal 1:6-9 we are told that in ALL of time there has only been ONE GOSPEL and in Gal 3:7 we are told that this Gospel was PREACHED to Abraham.

In John 8:56 Christ said "Abraham SAW My day and was glad"

in 1Peter 1 we are told that this ONE Gospel was revealed to the OT prophets -- by the "Spirit of CHRIST that was IN THEM"

1 Peter 1
    10 As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,
    11 seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

And yet the Gospel denying - scripture slicing approach that DHK models for us -- is still very common. What is your view of the Gospel and of scripture?

"Whatever is not repeated Get's deleated"? so that when things stop repeating you can do away with them?

"Good Bible bad Bible"? Anyone quoting from the OT is in error?

"Gospel is only in Malachi? Or Luke? Matt 28?" such that "I won't read scripture from any other parts of God's Word"??

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Thats why in Revelation 14:6-12 where the famous "Mark of the Beast" Passage is, it calls it the "EVERLASTING GOSPEL"

...and it tells us something when in this "Everlasting Gospel" ...those who are listed as God's Saints are the ones who "keep the commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus"

the gospel and the law go hand in hand. the law points us to the gospel and the gospel points us back to the law and its the everlasting gospel the same throughout history

RV 14
    6: And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    7: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

The Son of God is the center of the great plan of redemption which
    covers all dispensations. He is the "Lamb slain from the foundation of
    the world" (Rev. 13:8). He is the Redeemer of the fallen sons and
    daughters of Adam in all ages of human probation. "Neither is there
    salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given
    among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We I think are talking about a legitimate Gospel. That was a perverted Gospel in Gal. 1:6-10

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

You and I are probably talking about a "legitimate" gospel, I believe. But what about some of the others? I'd say that some of those individuals are :confused: to say the least, at least as far as I understand Scripture.

Ed

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Still that leaves us with ONE Gospel in BOTH NT and OT and with "ALL SCRIPTURE inspired and to be used for doctrine and correction" 2Tim 3:15-17.