1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

one last try

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Dec 8, 2011.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To each his own percho.

You are correct in saying that you are an unorthodox Baptist.

HankD

2. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

To those that answered the question I asked: thanks heaps!

To those that extended it to a theological debate--umm--you missed the point.

I needed clarification of a word meaning, that is all.

Why? Well, suppose I write a letter to my daughter saying she is definitely cool.

Two thousand years later for some reason someone is reading it--think they might want to know if I was giving her my approval or describing her body temp?

Same idea.

First you have to know the meaning of the word, THEN you can use it theologically.

Sometimes a rose is just a rose.

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. What did we learn. And I ask that because in my original post on this thread I also ask a question about him being made Lord and Christ.
    Whereas I believe I understand meaning of the Christ as the Anointed I am not truly sure about the meaning of Lord in context of my question. Is not the context of the anointed always as a man anointed by God. And the Christ was the fruit of the loins of David.

The Lord (?) said unto my (David's) Lord (?) sit on my right hand until.
    Which brings a question from Jesus himself, "If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?"

Was there a specific time/moment he Jesus became Lord and the meaning of Lord in this context? Does it have anything to do with the resurrection from the dead and if so what? Is it relative to this statement by God,? "Thou art my Son this day have I begotten thee."

Could begotten in that verse be read as born in the context of my question in the thread, " Explain something to me," in BT&BS forum.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, it seems that you are asking concerning His lordship in relation to the days of His flesh.

Which would start with His conception.

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.​

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.​

In that respect I would agree that there was a special way in which He "became" Lord as a human being.​

Philippians 2 indicates He laid aside His perogatives of deity and willingly lowered Himself to "servant", the father subsequently exalting Him to Lord as unique in humanity as one who obeyed Him (the Father) without reservation, even to death by crucifixion for the salvation of humanity.​

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.​

Hebrews 2:9 But we do see Him who has been made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.​

The resurrection being the stamp of God's approval and a witness to the world of that approval.​

If that is what you mean percho then yes in that respect (the witness of His resurrection) would be the culminating coronation of His Lordship in the time continuum as a member of the human race though He were God and creator from eternity.​

To "fulfil all righteousness" if you will.​

However I believe it was more of a verification that He lost nothing of His eternal attributes of deity having come in the flesh.

HankD​