1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One More Question on Obama

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I just don't get this whole thread at all. The man said he is a Christian. If he were a Muslim even by heritage, such a statement could get him killed. What more do you want him to say? Change his name? To what? U.S. American? Red W. Blue? G.I. Joe? Are you serious??

love,

Sopranette

2. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Kind of reeks of the Salem witch hunts huh? You are speaking of the extremist radical muslim type of people doing that. There are many many peace loving muslims in the US right now.
    No. Inquiring if he is muslim or not is not racist in and of itself. But, several on here have thought that something is wrong with him or up his sleeve because he keeps his name. He said he was Christian.

This is just one more reason I am against religion being taught in schools. We have extremist Christians in our faith also. Besides not wanting different religions taught to my kids, I don't want extremist-racist christianity taught either.

#82 JerryL, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

May I ask how you know about the Muslims. I am sure there are some good people among them, but would you like to live under their law? You don't know, if they are sending money to support these groups or not, and neither do I, but being what has happened, including 9/11, you can show all the support you want, but I will certainly have to be shown, all this love you seem to think they have. I read the news as well as you, and see the schools they have, even in England and what is being taught. Most of their children are taught we are the devil.
    If they are so good, why do they not step up to the bat, and condemn all these things they do in the name of God, such as beheading americans and others. Stoning young girls to death. Honor killing, where they kill their own young women and men. And we are no longer living in the times of the Salem witch hunts. Is that supposed to make what they are doing ok, because of the witch hunts in olden times of Christians. What kind of a remark is that?

Who in the world am I talking to anyway? Jeepers you are even from Ky also. I wonder if the tables were turned and they were in charge how humble and fair they would be to us. I suspect that the Salem witch hunt was nothing to what we would be exposed to. I doubt if you would be able to say the name of "Jesus Christ" anymore or your head would roll down the hill. You better pray, that they never get control of this country, because you will not be on a computer typing about Baptists and telling everyone you are a Christian. Maybe you should have the opportunity to visit over there and be sure to take your Bible and teach all of them about Christ, and don't tell me because there are a few places like Jordan, they can have Christians, but not too many. If they start getting too many, I am sure they will have their heads removed also. Good luck, you will need it.

BBob,

#83 Brother Bob, Feb 4, 2008
  4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Statements like this are exactly why Christianity, evangelical Christianity specifically, has lost credibility with unchurched people.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Spit on them. What are you talking about, we give them rugs to pray on and showers to wash their feet, pray several times a day and in return, they are sawing off the heads of our soldiers. Dearborn, Mich is all Muslims now and tell me who has stepped up and condemned the cutting off of heads, the stoning of one of the young women, one of many and call it honor killing. I kept waiting for all them in Dearborn to condemn the beheading of our soldiers, but they never spoke.

BBob,

#85 Brother Bob, Feb 4, 2008
  6. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Again, you are talking about the extremist militant muslims. Apples and oranges to a true peace loving muslim. Also again, he says he is Christian not muslim and his father wasn't even a muslim when he met his mother, he was atheist. He named his son a name identical to his, exactly like my father did. He is Sr. and I am Jr.

Edit: After reading your response in the above post I see you still don't realize we aren't talking about the extremist-militant muslims. There is a difference Bob. Again, apples and oranges.

#86 JerryL, Feb 4, 2008
  7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Please give me examples where all them good ones condemned such actions. Please

BBob,

8. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I don't have anything in writing. But, I have saw more than one muslim leader condemm their actions on TV. Vote how you want Bob. (BTW, I'm not necessarly for Obama, I'm a conservative Republican. If I vote against Obama, it will be for Biblical moral convictions on abortion and other type reasons.) It's just that when you type the way you do in these post of yours, you show true ignorance of the issues.

#88 JerryL, Feb 4, 2008
  9. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Beheading
    IslamOnline.net: Muslim Scholars Denounce Berg's Beheading
    IslamOnline.net: Iraqis Condemn Beheading Of American Civilian

Stoning
    Progressive Muslims: Muslims against stoning

Honor killing
    BBC: UK Muslims condemn honour killings
    IslamOnline.net: Fatwa bank: Honor Killing from an Islamic Perspective

This was just a sampling of the many condemnations available online.

#89 Gold Dragon, Feb 4, 2008
  10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I watch news more than anyone I know, so please don't tell me there are many who condemn such actions. The ones who have is because so much political pressure was put on them.
    One thing for sure the airwaves have not been filled with condemnations by the muslims.

I read your islamic paper and UK, looks like the masses are in in force. Strange they never show up on American television.

#90 Brother Bob, Feb 4, 2008
  11. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Like I said before, I live in backwoods America.

12. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think that says a lot about American television and the audiences they cater to.

13. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Of course it won't do any good since you know it all and are clearly a great scholar on this topic... :rolleyes:

Moderate Muslims Speak out Against Extremism

Scholars of Islam speak out against terrorism; clarify postition of Islam

Moderate Muslims in Denmark are organising and speaking out against the extremist Imams

NH Muslims speak out after terrorist attacks

Last one, as I know you don't really want to hear it anyways....

Below are links to (at minimum) several hundred Muslim political and religious leaders speaking out against and condemning terrorism

Now, with everything, there are extremist. There were Christians that killed at one time.. Christian crusaders

Does that mean Christians are bad people? How about Fred Phelps? Ya think he helps our cause any? Should all nonChristians think we're all just alike because of what he says and respresents?

I am not standing up for the Muslim faith. Those people, unless they change and hear the Word and come to know Jesus will die. I don't want that, I want them saved. But even given that, I can't habor hate and ill will towards them. It ISN'T what God wants and you know it.

You're being very closed minded with this arguement. The orginal question in this thread has been answered several times, and you have taken it to the extreme. You need to back up and think about what you have posted in this entire thread. It doesn't look good to some of us Christians, and I am sure it don't look good to some of the non Christians that visit this board.

Step back and take a breather...

Jamie

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many times have BB members

How many times have BB members jumped on folks who were found not to be Baptists only to have them removed from certain forums that were "Baptist" only. If this is not a form of judgment, than questioning Obama's Christianity is not a form of racism.

There is no difference in scrutinizing non-Baptists and non-Christians, especially those who are of another faith such as Mormons or Muslims.

Many on this board set themselves up as the BB Police Patrol, and go after those who do not meet the criteria of this board overall.

Come on folks, you know who you are, and it's time to fess up to your Holier-than-thou practices when you polices this board and ask for Moderators to step in and remove faux-Baptist from the board are living a double standard that has fully manifested itself in this OP.

There is no racism being practiced in this OP, and it was never meant to be racist. You can take that to the bank, and know that Jesus will judge my thoughts, heart, and mind as pure, not racist.

Shalom :type:

15. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I for one don't live by that double standard. I have personally defended non-baptist posting in the baptist forums. Just ask Kay.

16. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Actually, for a site that calls itself, "Baptist Board", I found people here to be very generous and welcoming towards ALL Christians. Only the first two sections are Baptist only. The entire rest of the site is for all Christians. Personally, I only go after those who are blatantly harrassing, rude and/or threatening. Thankfully, the last such poster has now been banned.

love,

Sopranette

17. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Trojan Horse Still Lives

Enough said. When a man claims to be a follower of Jesus, but fails to break off his or her ties to the life they left for Jesus...well, that is a red flag flapping in the wind.

When we come to Christ, we end our association with the world [sin]. Obama can keep his name, that is no problem with me. The problem is Obama claims to be a follower of Jesus, while he maintains direct ties [in name only] to Islam, and supports abortion. This should be a warning sign to those of us who read the Word and follow Jesus.

There is no defending his claim to Christianity based on numerous reasons. His actions speak louder than his words. You can not follow two masters: Matthew 6:24 -"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:23-25 (in Context) Matthew 6 (Whole Chapter)
    Luke 16:13 - "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Simply said Obama must give up his support of abortion and change his name to no longer reflect Islam. To not do this makes him look more, and more like a Trojan Horse, and quite a few of you seem to think the horse that's parked in our front yard is a "cute" harmless blessing. 1 Peter 5:8 - Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Obama is like most politicians. They say what is needed to be said in order to garner support and that all important "vote." Nothing I said is racist. It is simply sound and fundamental Christianity. The Word gives me the right to bring up these concerns, again, not based upon race, but upon his testimony and the glaring holes he has in that testimony. In accordance with God's Word, Obama's boat won't Float [there are simply too many holes in it to make it water ready].

Shalom :type:

#97 righteousdude2, Feb 4, 2008
  18. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

None of us think he is a cute, harmless blessing parked on our lawn. No one is saying his views on abortion are not wrong. But that's not what your own OP asked. You asked if he should change his name. People have answered this question. So, what name would ease your mind, since you are questioning his faith even after he has already professed. Maybe "I.B. Christian"? Would that make you feel better? I doubt it...you were just looking for others to support your suspicions of this man. Well, congratulations, you found them. Really, this whole thread is totally absurd.

love,

Sopranette

19. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I'm with you Sopranette. This is just plain sad.:tear: Maybe you muslimphobics could just PM each other and keep this trash off of the board, where people see it and see the ignorance.

20. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I guess I'm beating a dead horse, but I've never gotten an answer from you man. What would you say to two preimment evangelical Christian theologians Drs. Ergun and Emir Caner who have not changed their names since they got saved?

Obama isn't an overtly Muslim name anymore than Peter isn't an overtly Christian name. Your line of logic is deeply flawed and spurious. I, for one, do not agree at all with it. What happens when an person of Oriental birth with a supposed Hindu orgin (but proclaims Christ in the presence of many witnesses) doesn't want to change their name? Would you ask Senator Li to recant and change?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.