1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

One of the Enemy's Tools

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SBCPreacher, Jun 10, 2008.

1. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The debate over on the creation thread got me to thinking. I know, that's dangerous.

Could it be that one of Satan's tools is to make the simple complex? Could it be that he wants us to think that simple Biblical truth are more difficult than they really are.

Creation for instance. The Bible says 6 days, but we (man) have come up with thousands of ways to make more complex than just 6 days. Theories upon theories upon theories.

Salvation is so simple - "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." Faith. But we (man) have turned salvation into such a complex thing - something no child could ever understand.

I think making the simple complex is right up there with Satan's tool of saying that there's no hurry - there's no need to trust Christ today, put it off until tomorrow.

What do y'all think?

(Maybe I'm just too simple minded.)

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen.

2Cr 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity* that is in Christ.

I think this is true also of all the opinions out there about the rapture, return of Christ, end of the world, ect.....
    I have found most people's studies on the subject to be so complicated that I just cannot understand it.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God truths

Have you ever thought that maybe the creation stories are God's way of making the complex simple?

Rob

4. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I believe he said whet He meant and meant what He said.

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Amen, brother amen

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's truth

Amen, brother amen

Rob

7. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Something I have thought for quite some time now. It's all so simple. Jesus said come to Him as a child, not as the owner of the worlds largest research library and a master of all known arcaic languages.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Coming to Jesus means coming to Him in Faith. That does not mean a partial gospel.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Perfectly said.

10. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi Deacon

You said......
    “Have you ever thought that maybe the creation stories are God's way of making the complex simple?”

This may be true.....

But I like to call it, “the creation account”.

It actually happed, therefore it is not a “story”!

(This may seem, “nit-picky” to some, but when Children hear Biblical accounts, called “Bible stories”, they will put them in the same basket, as all the fairy tails, that they have heard.)

See you later.

11. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, no problem,
    I was just trying to keep things simple for ya'll.

Rob

12. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hello Deacon

I didn’t mean to make it sound like, I was jumping down your throat.

It is just, that I see so many people, with such a low opinion of the Bible, that it seems like every little bit that we can do, either helps or hurts.

My hope it, that everyone who reads my response, will think about the phraseology they use.

Have a great day

13. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I agree, especially in these days, when so few children do not have even rudimentary knowledge about God and His Word. "Bible stories" makes them sound like Peter Pan or Wind in the Willows.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The simplicity of the gospel has been a very significant understanding for me. I can't believe the countless hours that are spent in arguing about Calvinism vs. non-Calvinism, pre, mid, or post trib rapture, whether discipleship constitutes a works based salvation, whether we should accept Christ as Lord, etc. All a waste of precious time in my opinion. You can look out your window any day and see people that are going to Hell for all eternity. That's where the real action is.

15. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Is it faith if you put everything under a microscope and analyze it to death? Do you have the faith of a child? When was the last time you told your child something and they spent a month researching what you said through countless volumes of "expert analysis" and arcaic languages?

16. belvedere

belvedere Member

I believe the OP is 100% correct. I went through a very difficult period in my life, doubting my salvation, because I kept hearing things like, "If you're not doing this or that, are you really saved?" I know the people saying these things had good intentions, but it caused me alot of grief. God finally led me to scripture (particularily using Galations 3 and Romans 10:9), and taught me a lesson on the "simplicity" of salvation.

Of course, I agree with other posters that this also applies to creation.