1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured One verse doctrine

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Feb 17, 2014.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

In Rom first chapter verse 24: Wherefore God gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves, verse 26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their woman did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And like wise also the men leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Verse 28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient. Three times in these verses God is said to either give them up or to give them over. God washed his hands of them as a figure of speech, He with drew all restraints and they sinned with a high hand. These sin's mentioned in this chapter became their meat and drink. Two of the sin's mentioned in chapter three of 11 Tim of the last day's is, without natural affections and incontinent, meaning without restraint.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#43 Yeshua1, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that describes those who have NOT been saved and redeemed byt he Grace of the lord, whose heart desire and bent was to act out and be proudly gay!

NOT describing the ones that have been washed and renewed in the shed blood of tthe lamb of God for their sins!

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Of course they can be saved…but I don’t know that “backsliding” means once again embracing sin as master. This seems contrary to being made a new creature - although I do acknowledge that we all sin, that sin is not the mark of the life a believer. The Holy Spirit also indwells us so that we are convicted to repentance. What this means is that a Christian can slip and become drunk…but perhaps not a drunkard. What we do not know, however, is the span of time that justifies the sin becoming the mark of our life (we do not know, for example, how long that Christian will wrestle with the sin of alcohol before effectively repenting – but the struggle is present where it is not in the life of the lost). But sin and advocating sin is not the mark of a believer.

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will answer two errant posters at once;

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbsup::thumbs::thumbs:

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there is wihout a doubt 'tension" in the scriptures between salvation being free gift of god, and yet we are to live lives worthy of our calling once saved!

Would say that the homosexual is saved JUST as you and i were, by the Grace of God expressed towards us while we were yet sinners, and after receiving jesus as our lord/Saviour/Messiah...

We can and do still sin at times, choicing to disobey the lord, nut that is NOT now our usual walk, as that is the exception, an dthat wewould desire to move forward, by repenting/confession of our sins...

Has the natural bent of the homosexual been changed?

Do they desire now to live for god, realise its sin to do those behaviours, and recover if do slip and fall?

Actually, SAME thing applies towards ALL of us!

As we all have our particular sin issues to deal with even after saved!

10. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

A Christian must finally realize his sin's past, present, future are covered by the blood, or he will be on a merry go round of repenting, confessing, backsliding, repenting, confessing, backsliding that will drive him crazy.

11. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    true, but also need to realise that the Lord still requires us to confess/repent of known sins, to have real godly sorrow for them!

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at it this way - what if my sin is rejecting God. Then I am saved. I may have moments where I struggle, moments of doubt, and maybe even moments of rebellion...but if I am saved, then can I ever be in the state of rejecting God - where this rejection actually defines my life as it once did?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    that is why once saved, always saved, as we have been remade in a literal sense as a child of God, indwelt with His Spirit, new natures, and we will never just "walk away forever from the Faith!"