1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Online Bible Bachelors Degree

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by saturneptune, Apr 10, 2006.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Could someone recommend an online bible college that takes a person from an associates to a bachelors in bible studies for the purpose of working with pastors for bible study and youth. Accreditation is not so important to me as a good learning experience. I would like to do this when I retire from govt at 55. Thanks for your input.

2. Brice

Brice New Member

3. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I too think Liberty is an excellent choice. You might want to take a look at South African Theological Seminary, as well. They have distance learning accredited degrees and certificate programs you might find interesting. SATS is also very affordable.

http://www.sats.edu.za/

4. Brice

Brice New Member

I too think Liberty is an excellent choice. You might want to take a look at South African Theological Seminary, as well. They have distance learning accredited degrees and certificate programs you might find interesting. SATS is also very affordable.

http://www.sats.edu.za/
    </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG]

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    saturneptune,

The http://www.sats.edu.za/ is no doubt a good program. But what happens with many young people, especially from the IFB camp, is that they get "Bible College" degrees that end up worthless later on for one reason or another.

I am not saying that that is the case with http://www.sats.edu.za/ but; their BA might not be accepted by an American university or seminary if you wanted to do an advanced degree later. Some time there are trade-offs in life. This may be one of those.

I would probably ask if their degree had been taken by any American accredited colleges.

FWIW!

sdg!

rd

6. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

7. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sothern Evangelical Bible College has an excellent program designed specifically for what you are asking about. Check it out at:
    www.ses.edu

It's based in Charlotte, and is connected with a seminary, but the bible college is designed to do exactly what you described...a distance program designed to take an associates to a bachelors. I know some of the faculty, and they're excellent.

8. rickh

rickh New Member

Piedmont Baptist College also has a good program for what you are looking for. www.pbc.edu

9. alley

alley New Member

I have a question

Is it true that if you are part of Liberty's "Liberty's Baptist Fellowship" that you get your tution free?

1. I have heard that you have to be a full time pastor

2. It only cost $25 a month

Can a person also get their master's through there or only a bachelor's

10. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Mike, you know which one I'm going to recommend--only 18 miles away from you--Mid-Continent University at Mayfield. You can get just about every Baptist College of the Bible course offering on line from at MCU. Cost is pretty reasonable, too.

11. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

Luther Rice seems to be a pretty decent program. I have yet to meet anyone that attended (online or in class) but the information seems solid. It is one of the schools I am considering.