1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Online/distance learning

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by wifenmother, Jan 26, 2005.

1. wifenmother

wifenmother New Member

This is similar to a previous post, but perhaps a bit more specific. (I hope so anyway, I wouldn't want to be wasting your time).
    I am looking for a Christian online/ distance learning college program. We attend a fundamental, independent Baptist church, and I'd like to the material to be in line with that. Any suggestions?
    I am a homeschooling mom and where we live (New Mexico), there is a serious deficiency of Bible-based churches, let alone formal education of that nature. Our budget is tight, and about to get even tighter, so I don't even know if this is possible.
    The reason I'm asking your advice is that I am a relatively new Christian (raised Catholic but was saved two years ago). I was researching online, but I realized that I don't have a great deal of discernment yet and I don't want to end up signing up for something foolishly and getting false doctrine.
    Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your time in advance, and God Bless You! [​IMG]

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

What is it you are trying to study? If you would like to get some education that would be Biblically sound you would be okay with Ames Bible college.It is actually more at the institute level but it is free and pretty sound.
    If you need an accredited school then try Liberty Baptist.

3. Broadus

Broadus Member

4. wifenmother

wifenmother New Member

Thank you, Plain Old Bill and Broadus for your replies. I'm not sure what in particular I wnt to study. Of course I would like some Bible courses, but after that, I don't know that they offer women in general. I know some of the other classes wouldn't apply to me as women don't preach/pastor churches. Any suggestions? I hate to sound so lost (not spiritually). What do most women go to Christian colleges and major in? What are the most popular programs?

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I'm getting a feeling that for your purposes you might want to just go to you local Bible book store and get Nelson's Ultimate Bible Reference Library. It costs around $15 dollars. Inside it has an excellant survey of the O.T. & N.T. along with many other helps. You might also want to purchase Wilminton's Guide to the Bible for about $40, between the two you will get an excellant Bible education at your own pace. In addition I would also go on the internet and download E-Sword, you can do this by simply typing e-sword in your search window and hitting search, then pulling up the site from any of the choices. This will give you a grear deal of free resources.

If those choices don't sound good go to Ames Bible College on the internet it is free and has the kind of courses I think you are looking for. Good luck and God Bless.

6. gopchad

gopchad New Member

I am currently enrolled in the MBS degree program at Piedmont Baptist College. So for so good. It is more ifb than the other ones mentioned witht the exception of maybe Tennessee Temple. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Chad

7. Nord

Nord New Member

Assuming that you want college level courses as opposed to institute type courses, you may want to try South African Theological Seminary. They are the South African equivalent of accredited, very customer service oriented and affordable (about 60 - 100 dollars per course). You can earn a BTh degree. South Africa has a well respected education system.

http://www.sats.edu.za

8. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

Nord, would someone with a BTh from here have a chance at getting into a reputable seminary (assuming his grades were good) such as Liberty or one of the Southern Baptist schools?

9. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

I would stay with the schools mentioned with my recommendation being the South African Theological Seminary.

If your Th.B. is from an accredited school, SATS will accept it.

10. Charles E.Smith

Charles E.Smith New Member

11. Saint

Saint New Member

If you are looking for a sound, fundamental Baptist school, and don't mind if it is not accredited, then I would suggest Louisiana Baptist University.