1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Online Greek text with parsing information

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

It cannot be downloaded from the referenced website.

[​IMG]

2. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

Thanks RJ, for the info. I guess the one you start with and know best has a big advantage. I used Theophilus, FreeBible, and several others before I found e-Sword. I would like to have some of the OLB's resources but, unfortunately, I chewed on the program for a couple of hours last night and had to spit it out. e-Sword has a lot of little features built into its foundation, as I'm sure you know. This site HERE recommends e-Sword + PowerBible so I think I'll give PB a whirl, as I picked up some really neat little programs THERE for free, and I'm very picky.

Thanks again.

3. rjprince

rjprince Active Member

CBTS,

Thanks.

IveyL,

I use E-Sword for some things that it does better than OLB. Did you go to an IL school? My son spent part of a summer at Princeton at some poli sci workshops while still in HS, but wound up at Vandy.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are VERY right. The W/H is nothing at all like the Greek text I use.

The "KJVonly" often lump the modern Nestle/Aland/USB texts as "Westcott-Hort" as a way to attack these updated texts (and make their blend of catholic Erasmus look good??).

5. izzaksdad

izzaksdad New Member

CBTS or Dr. Bob,

What think ye of UBS' GNT, 2nd Edition 1966,1968?

I-dad

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

The 2nd Edition is very much like the First Edition except for revisions in the A, B, C, and D ratings. In the Third Edition, however, the Greek text itself is more thoroughly revised (with more than 500 changes) and brought into conformity with the 26th Edition of the Nestle-Aland text.

[​IMG]