1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Only 31 baptisms to go to make 100 this year!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

This is a numbers oriented church. They are fixated on the number 100 which is not necessary.
    Evangelism is not limited to a program, but the everyday living of our lives sharing Christ and praying for God to bring the increase.

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Well I have'nt been to this church so I don't know that for sure.What I do know is a church should be a witnessing church.People should be getting saved as a result of the ministry of any church. The great commission commands we are to be witnesses.We are to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature.I find no problem with giving church members a heart and vision for witnessing and bringing sinners to Christ. We don't do the saving but we sure are responsible to make the introduction.
    Speaking of numbers which is better to work toward getting 100 souls saved or not to work and not witness and no souls are saved as a result of our dead ministry.

3. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

I agree.