1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Open Air Preachers

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jul 2, 2015.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Thanks for the typo. It made me laugh.

(How many times do I have to tell you?--Don't call dames broads!)

#41 InTheLight, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
  2. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well that excludes 99.99999% of the population, including your pastor, everyone on BB, and your wife.

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gerr auto correct mixed with my bad spelling in general. Oh well it gave you a laugh :)

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you believe in irresistible grace - if that is the case - then He doesn't really need you any ways.

Now, lets talk about your long term disciple program

5. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have come to the conclusion that Evan is only reformed because it gives him an easy excuse when no one pays attention to his screaming at them.

I'm reformed but I would never use it as a crutch for my failings.

6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I remember one time we drove thru town one evening and saw some guy with a bible in hand yelling at the top of his lungs. It looked really crazy. I don't see where this gets anywhere personally.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's known as effectual calling.
    You know better than that. The Lord uses means. He uses people as a means of communicating the Gospel. Christians --yes, even Calvinistic ones, don't just sit passively by thinking we don't have to do anything since it has been decreed.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's the same thing in South Korea. Normally on the subway in Seoul there are certain ones who show the wild-eyed fanatic symptoms.

9. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or is it his other brother Darrell?

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect Evan is only "reformed" because reformed doctrine lends itself to compact and concise summarization which, on the surface, can be easily and succinctly apprehended apart from biblical literacy or effort. I doubt that he understands the theology that he claims to hold. I say this because he has demonstrated an inability to defend his doctrine with Scripture and thus far offers only the summary/opinions of other authors. He is "reformed"....twice removed (from Scripture)...so to speak.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ----------------------------------------------------

#51 JonC, Jul 3, 2015
  12. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would agree as well. I have yet to see him defend any doctrinal stance, even one I agree with, with any good scriptural support and explanations.

13. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll take someone like Evan who preaches the gospel in the streets over the 95 percent of other Christians who sit in our churches and do nothing while our country is turned into hell.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I commend Evan for his zeal to preach the gospel in the streets and sincerely hope that God works in his life towards a more mature understanding of the gospel and of Scripture (and maturity in general). I have prayed for John to turn to God and Scripture in his "ministry" for over a year now, and realize that sometimes my frustration at his preference for the doctrine of men over Scripture interferes with our interaction. I am not as patient as I once was, which is odd as I thought I'd be more so as I grew older. Evan is an example of someone who lacks discipline, understanding, and discipleship but has a zeal unmatched by many who are mature in the faith.

I would like to point out that a large portion of the 95 percent you speak of are active in the ministry (truly engaging people with the gospel of Jesus Christ) while not preaching in the streets (granted, churches do need to do better). Also, I think that perhaps too often "street preachers" seem to discount the faithful who "disciple as they go." I question the reasoning that more should be on the street preaching as Evan does when most of us seem to realize that it is not an effective method of evangelism. I think that if we look to Jesus, the Apostles, and the early Church we will realize that there is a method that is at least just as effective as street preaching.

#54 JonC, Jul 3, 2015
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not???

16. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you.

I accomplish nothing by arguing with the rabbits on this board.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what animal does Jordan get? Or do you just use animals as a derogatory method?

18. TadQueasy

TadQueasy Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you do realize this place is completely optional? You are free to come and go as you like. You obviously do not answer questions or really dialogue with anyone about topics. So not sure how you are going to accomplish anything here.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course not. Your "arguments" are not winning. A couple dozen people have been offering you advice that run along the same lines and yet you reject all counsel with immature responses. All of us are wrong? You are consistently right? Do you fancy yourself as an Athanasius against the world? (Psst, he had better reasoning for his arguments.]

By the phrase "I accomplish nothing" I think you are surrendering your goal for all of us to acquiesce to your ideas.