1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Open up the medical records?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jun 23, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats have dropped the custom. Only the GOP has kept it up. With today's complex medical advances, you could well have the politicos debating scientific questions for which they are ill-trained in law school. We already have lawyers running everything and so I agree with the Democrats that we don't need additional legal debates on scientific issues such as personal health.

Reagan was one of the strongest men ever to be President. He was in excellent health but they attacked him on age.

As for Hillary, she may be in poor health and she is very old but let's see how she handles the issues. That is her Achilles' heel, if you want to get into anatomical shortcomings.

Does it take a village to decide a person's health?

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

When the "village" is the electorate being asked to trust her health, judgment and stability for the presidency, absolutely. The question of Reagan's age was legitimate. It so happened he proved them wrong about being "infirm" at his age. However, is also likely he began to suffer the consequences of Alzheimer's before he left office, and that was a very dangerous circumstance. Fortunately, it didn't affect any outcomes as far as we know.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there are already guards in place against a person's becoming incapacitated in the Oval Office.

As for Hillary, she is not going to release her medical records and neither is Joe Biden going to release his records. So why should the GOP continue this custom? Do you think that Grover Cleveland released his records? Do I really care about Hussein's health? Should the public have fretted about whether or not Bill Clinton had had some STD? Do you want a scientific debate in the political arena about what is the correct level of cholesterol? If Hillary is as ill as some say that she is, then she will not be able to campaign 16 hours a day 7 days a week, will she? She will falter in public.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes. For national elections only. Meaning President and VP.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CMG- Why do you keep bringing up Saddam Hussein?

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Worked great when Reagan was shot...

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

Ask yourself: Are the 14 people the president appointed to the Cabinet going to risk his/her ire by signing a document declaring him/her incapacitated? I mean, really think about it. If he/she isn't medically unqualified but may be mentally ill, how do you know what he/she is going to do? And do you, as Secretary of Agriculture, have the knowledge to make a proper judgment on a potential career-ending decision?

It might have worked in "Air Force One" -- and come to think of it, not even there, really -- but in real life? Ain't happenin'.

As for Hillary ... She will falter in public.[/QUOTE]Yeah ... but before or after we make the mistake of electing her?

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not. I am using the middle name of BHO II. You knew that, Rolf. :laugh:

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can Democrats be made to comply with this custom? Besides, there are medical reports and there are medical reports. Some quack might say that Hill is 100% and then the debate would be about the doctor. Years ago Chicago Mayor Richard Daley went to the doctor and the doctor said that he was okay. After the exam, he died in the car in front of the doctor's office if I recall correctly.

As far as I know, doctors can lighten your wallet for certain.

But go ahead, may an issue of Hillary's health. She does look unwell.