1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Opening day

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Rubato 1, Apr 1, 2008.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The Tigers are 7-3 over their last 10 games and only 3 games back now in the central. I do believe it is time for Andy to come in off the ledge. Lots of baseball left

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He's standing with me. I'll tell him to step off...but I ain't going anywhere! :D

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Make that 8-3 - they just finished a 3-game sweep of the lowly Rangers, outscoring them 37-10. And that was without their full lineup in any of the games. But it's the Rangers. The Tigers' next 6 games are against the Angels and Yankees. If they can go 4-2, then I'll start feeling a little better. But there are still signs that this team is not very good - their starting pitching is atrocious (the bullpen, which was expected to be weak spot, has actually been serviceable).

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The Tigers should lobby the league to play the Rangers more. :smilewinkgrin:

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Andy I have to admit I was about ready to take the jump with you until this past week. Thankfully there are some signs of hope. We will see. I would rather that we get off to a shaky start and then go on a tear after the All Star break.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I look forward to it.

As to Patterson, Hairston, Bruce....what I'm reading/hearing is that was more Krivsky's deal. Patterson was signed to a 3.5 million dollar contract. The plan was to get a platoon in CF til Bruce could get his sea legs. I don't think that's what Bob had in mind. At the same time, you never know unless you're a fly on the wall or one of the participants. The Reds are just over-loaded at OF. Krivsky's decisions have not been stellar. The Arroyo deal is not looking like the steal it once was. Krivsky was instrumental in Narron's contract extension just before firing him. Krivksy's signing of Fogg and major gelt thrown at Belisle may have irked Castellini. Again, rumors were that Dusty was not consulted on some (many) of these moves, particularly Fogg/Belisle.

Jocketty is a good baseball mind. However, unless he can go to the plate and drive in RISP, I don't know how this is going to help matters in the short run.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Maybe it looked like a steal at some point, but in 2 full years as a starter with Boston, his ERA was over 4 and his WHIP alone would have chased me away from trading for him. But, what'd they give up, Wily Mo Pena? IOW, they didn't give up much to get him and while he no longer pitches like a #2 starter, he looked like, before this year, a decent #4 starter.

He may not help in the short run, but I think he's a good signing for the long run.