1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Operation Mountain Thrust Major Offensive in Afghanistan

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Enoch, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199392,00.html

Wednesday, June 14, 2006
    [​IMG]

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps if President Bush had decided to finish the job in Afghanistan instead of foolishly taking his eye off the war with al Qaeda(who attacked us on 9/11/2001) and creating a quagmire in Iraq then this type of operation would have already been accomplished four years ago.

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:laugh: I'm just going to copy and past my last comment to you...

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

:thumbs: :applause:

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is amazing to me that there are those who thought that going to war after 12 years of inspections was a rush to war, yet 3 years in rebuilding an entire country is too long. Pure hypocracy.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Inspections that never showed that Iraq had WMDs and now we know without a doubt that Iraq did not have WMDs. The inspections in early 2003 should have been allowed to continue. About 2500 of our fellow Americans would still be alive today and many thousands would not have to live the rest of their lives with the results of injuries if the American people had not been misled by the neocons within the Bush administration.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Money to build Iraqi health clinics runs out

Audit Shows $8.8B Missing in Iraq

The Thief of Baghdad

CBS video...Rumsfeld, "we cannot track 2.3 trillion"

So, Mr Bremer, Where Did All the Money Go?

Would it be considered hypocritical to ask where all this money has gone and why the MSM seldom if ever mentions it today?

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ken is right. Rev. Mitchell, maybe you support the war because you dont have to go fight. If you got your orders today to ship out, maybe you would feel different. Anyway, this is going to go on for the duration of the Bush Administration. The next President is going to have to provide the leadership to finish the job, because there is none present now.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I entered the United States Marine Corps in 1985 just after I graduated High School in 1984, I knew then several things because My father was a Marine in Vietnam; I knew my life was no longer my own; I knew I might have to die in battle; I knew that in providing defense of this country I would also be defending the very same people who would rather spit on me and what I was doing.

God Bless

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The war in Iraq is not a conservative-liberal issue as some would like to frame it. There are many, and I mean many, people in my part of the country that are very conservative that oppose the war, and on legitimate grounds.

There are enough people in America, common people, if they had the influence the rich and powerful do, the democrats and republicans would cease to exist.

Our dilemma is that the republicans have done such a pitiful job of governing this great country, they deserve to be kicked out. The problem is that putting democrats in their place is not the solution.

God bless your ministry.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is a surprise? It surprises you that our government has mishandled money? Where have you been? Certainly you do not believe this is an isolated incident? Our government mishandles money in every department it has.

Its not good but its not a new occurence. This and every incident like it which happens daily is a good reason for limited government.

Im kind of a Republitarian or anything that opposes communism. Terry please no pms.:laugh:

12. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

So, you think it is the United State's job to enforce United Nations resolutions? I did not know you had such fond feelings for the UN.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WEll, You and I agree! You did not know. That is because I have not spoken one way or the other on the U.N.

Secondly you did not know because the U. N. resolutions havent been discussed yet in this thread.

Yep! You did not know!:thumbs: No PM's

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

No PM's? Don't worry; the only PM I have ever sent you was on the 9th, so don't make it look like you have been harassed by PM's from me. I really did not expect a so-called "preacher" to be so deceitful.