1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Opinion: A Christian and a conservative

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gb93433, Jul 14, 2009.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

This post is all about opinions. :thumbs:

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

He gave away the Panama Canal. He almost completely destroyed our military. He botched the Iran hostage crisis. Recently he declared Hugo Chavez's election to be legitimate (yeah right). Need I say more. These are not opinions but the plain hard facts. Jimmy Carter was a dud and still is.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama is another Jimmy Carter only worse.

1. He is more of a Marxist.
    2. Both were abortionists.
    3. Both were great con artists.
    4. I doubt that Obama knows what "born again" means.
    5. Jimmy carter used the term "born again" just like Obama used "Change with a Difference".
    6. Both tried to micromanage.
    7. Fortunately the democrat Congress did not like Carter.
    8. Unfortunately the democrat Congress is a lackey for Obama.
    9. Both were and are weak on defense.
    10. Both will give us a deep recession with stagflation.

4. alatide

alatide New Member

I didn't say he was a great president. I said he was a professing Christian. You don't really care about that, do you?

5. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to your idea, if I ran for President and made being born again a central part of my political idealogy, you'd support me. Thanks! :thumbsup:

So if he claims to be "born again" everyone must now bow at his feet and ignore the stupidity of his policies. I'll be thankful that he's a believer (although his own stated ideas that salvation is not just for those who believe in Jesus Christ, but for all sincere people may put that into doubt), but I don't have to agree with his political ideas.

6. alatide

alatide New Member

Hey. I made the statement that Jimmy Carter was the first American President to openly declare that he was a born again Christian. You responded with a smear against his "liberal" politics. I drew the obvious conclusion that you don't care about having Christians in government. You only care about pushing the extreme right Republican politics.

Then you had all of these messages deleted. Is there any clearer example of your true colors?

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

What messages are you talking about? I can't delete any messages. You will have to take that up with a moderator if any messages did get deleted.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Those liberals! I wonder what one would say about a person who continues to knowingly study at a liberal college under liberal professors?

I wonder what the the re-publican promoters would say about all the illegal aliens who have been hired in the U.S. through Democrat and Republican administrations until now. Almost since the beginning of the settling of the west that has been a regular practice among every administration. Almost everyone on the west coast has known about it since the building of the transcontinental railroad.

#108 gb93433, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
  9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seem to reach a lot of conclusions but none of them are obvious.

You do not know how a moderated board works.

10. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

The POWER of the Gospel! and the depraved nature of man while he is in power.

11. alatide

alatide New Member

First of all the law you're talking about is the Mosaic law not the US Constitution. This is a great example of exactly what I've been talking about. Secondly, working for a better America is not the same as living a Christian life. The Bible tells us:

Mar 12:17 And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Are the Ten Commandments something that is owned by Caesar or by God? Prayer. Here's an example of Jesus teaching on prayer.

Mat 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Mat 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

So, does Jesus teach us to force school children to pray openly in their school rooms?

The New Testament and Jesus Himself have a great deal to say about how as Christians we must treat our enemies.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
    Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Rom 12:17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
    Rom 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men

What does this say to you about supporting America's wars? If you want to apply your Christianity to our culture fight to prevent war. Also, of course, fight to prevent the scourge of unwarranted abortions in our country and the practice of using test tube babies to allow infertile couples to have children and to leave "surplus embryos" frozen for years until they are "discarded."

12. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Folks, we have a stalker on our hands!

13. alatide

alatide New Member

So, I give you a Biblical reply that you can't respond to and this is your way out? Sad.

14. alatide

alatide New Member

So, I give you a Biblical reply that you can't respond to and this is your way out? Sad.

15. sag38

sag38 Active Member

They live freely and speak freely on the backs of others who paid the price for them to be able to do so. There is no gratitude in thier heart toward a Christian soldier who gave his or her life in the defense of free speech, etc. There's only admonishment and condemnation through the twisting of scripture.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What I have found is that people who like to degrade our founders by citing examples of their flaws (they were fallen just like us), or talk about the unBiblical qualities of the Declaration of Independence and Consitution, are people who never lifted one finger to serve this nation. They do not have a clue as to what the real price of freedom is. Their idea of their part for patriotism is going to a fireworks display or flying a flag on their car.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. They aren't interested in contributing, only in their comforts and benefits.

18. alatide

alatide New Member

You misunderstood what I was saying. I love my country. Our founding fathers were true patriots in the best sense of the word. I just don't support mixing it up with the real Kingdom of God and my true allegiance is to the Kingdom.

19. alatide

alatide New Member

I wonder the same thing when I hear statements like "If you're a Democrat you can't be a Christian." Have you ever said that?

20. sag38

sag38 Active Member

No, I have not.