1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

opportunity in the USofA

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by billwald, Nov 22, 2004.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

This will probably irritate everyone! Local paper noted that City of Lynnwood (just north of Seattle) has over 100 new business owned by Korean people in 20 blocks along the old highway. 20 years ago there probably wasn't 200 Korean people in Lynnwood.

35 years ago Seattle was a principle POE for South East Asians. The rich refugees had already gone to San Francisco. Seattle got the poorest of the poor. People who had never seen a city or indoor plumbing. They were put into public housing projects. The people who were already in the Projects complaines, "Theys taking our housing and our welfare money."

Now days, the children of those refugees are respected business and professional people and their children are earning all the rewards in the schools. The "Americans" who 30 years ago complained about the refugees? They are still in the projects, complaining.

Need I say more? Have lots of stories

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Hehehe!!!! The American way is to make something for yourself. Recent immigrants tend to understand and cherich this, since they typically were denied the ability to do that for themselves in their countries of origin. Ask a native born American how many branches of government there are, or how many houses of congress there are, and you'll be surprised at how many don't have a clue.

Of course, I could be biased. I'm a naturalized citizen myself. [​IMG]