1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ORB book??

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by convicted1, Jan 11, 2011.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I am wanting to find a book about ORB history titled "History of the Regular Baptist", by Rufus Perrigan. I have tried to "google" it, and even went to amazon with no luck. Does anyone have any idea where I can land this book in hardcover? I don't want a downloadable rescource, because I have this on CD, but I want to have it where I can read it somewhere besides in front of my 'puter. Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!

Willis

2. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

It is going to be reprinted by the Union Association sometime within the next year. The copyright is now up and the owner of the copyright is giving it to the Union Association. This is my current understanding.

3. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

If this is true, could I get information on when and where the books can be bought? I've had many requests for the book and would love to advertise the information on my site for others to get the book as well.

David

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If interested in Regular Baptists you might find "The General Association of Regular Baptist Churches and its attendant movement" by Calvin H. Odell of interest, he was a prof at the Regular Baptist approved school Western Bible College now known as Corban in Salem OR.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP is about Old Regular Baptists - that is a totally different group than the GARBC

Here is some more info from Wikipedia

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, didn't catch orb but saw "History of the Regular Baptist"

Actually RBs are kind of in the old anymore, they are passing away it seems slowly but surely.:tear: