1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ordination invitation

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by chris_price, May 18, 2005.

1. chris_price

chris_price New Member

Would any one happen to have a suggestion for what the wording for a pastor's invitation should be.

Any suggestion for what should go in the handout/bulletion?

any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

There are some different traditions among churches.

Some would begin with:

"The Local Town Baptist Church has called for the Ordination of Brother John Mark Peters."

If your tradition doesn't use the term "has called for," or if you have no tradition to refer to, you could just begin with:

"The Local Town Baptist Church announces an ordination service for Brother John Mark Peters."

Then just keep it simple and to the point.

"This service will take place
    3:00 p.m.
    Sunday the 19th of June, 2005,
    Local Town Baptist Church
    1234 Your Street
    Local Town, Oklahoma

We would be honored to have your presence as we observe this solemn and wonderful occaision."

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have people from out of town, include a simple map to save them some time.

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chris, I think most invitations usually include something about asking the invited church to send their ordained members to assist on the presbytery.

5. chris_price

chris_price New Member

Thankyou guys for all the help. The church ordaining me has no clue of what to do. I have had to kind of line up everything myself. I hope I get to pick out the Bible to!!!

6. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

In our case, the Candidate for Ordination, in consultation with his pastor, chooses those ministers that he would like to have serve on the ordination council. Those for whom he has high regard and/or who have been a strong influence in his life. Not necessarily all those who are ordained in any particular church.

Some Baptist denominations or associations have requirements as to how many will serve on the council. Being independent Baptists, I was able to choose without regard for hitting a particular number.

Perhaps there is a church or two nearby from whom you could seek advise.

7. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

As for an Ordination Certificate, Broadman/Holman has a very nice one.

http://www.broadmanholman.com/productDetail.asp?isbn=080547269X

You could design your own on a computer, but the inkjet inks are not as permanent and durable as the regular printer's inks on a "store-bought" certificate. A little moisture can make them run, not very attractive.