1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Oriental orthodoxy and the Eucharist

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 33ad, Jun 30, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Please explain? I know little about it but have an acquaintence whose daughter attends there.

2. 33ad

33ad New Member

First I'll state that one fact that brought me
    To Christ after much exploring was that Jesus is recognized in all religions. Hindus say Jesus is one of the 125 advatars, Islam says he was a prophet but not god. So I see all religions
    as having some truth even if limited also

John 3:16
    And God so loved the WORLD
    It doesnt say god only loves Christians

I live in a town 90 minutes from Seattle with only 300 people. The nearest town is 25 minutes and 3000 vertical feet away. We only have one church in our town (episcopal).

Mars hill tried to establish a church in my town after
    Attending it a couple of times and seeing what I listed below me and a episcopalian sabotaged it by speaking up during thier bible studies about mars hill's past abuses

During his church service Mark Driscoll banged his head against the wall mocking the wailing wall and devote orthodox Jewish people

During church service mark Driscoll proclaimed that all Jews and Muslims are going to hell and they are from the devil.

During his church service mark Driscoll graphically about a--l sex with a husband and wife and how it is good birth control

Mark Driscoll said women are stupid and need to be lead by there husband

There is a Facebook page to help women recover from the spiritual abuse they received at mars hill called stuff christian culture likes

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You might want to check this out. Of course, it is biased (aren't we all, though?) (warning: also contains strong language on occasions so not for kiddies to see but such language is from Mark Driscoll himself so of relevance) but coupled with so many other similar testimonies I have heard from refugees from there it leads me to conclude that the set-up is cultish and that Driscoll is a control freak of the first magnitude.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isn't that the church Robb bell, Mr Universalist, came out of as being their pastor?

5. 33ad

33ad New Member

Both of there churches are called mars hill but they are not affiliated

6. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think I'd prefer Bell as my pastor to Driscoll...

7. Rooselk

Rooselk Member

33ad: I am surprised to read your comments about the Christian & Missionary Alliance. I attended an Alliance church in Seattle for a number of years and saw none of the things you describe. Generally, I found most Alliance churches to be solid evangelical churches. In fact I left only because my theology changed (I joined a very good LCMS church in Seattle).

I do agree, however, that you were wise in your decision to stay far away from Mars Hill.