1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Osas?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you never give into the lusts of the flesh, then why not cut out 1John 1:9 out of your Bible. You have no need of it, for you have nothing to confess. Would that not be correct?

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Receiving comfort is a sin to you?

Do you still look upon a woman with lust?

Do you still covet?

You named so many sins, have you not even one experience where you gave up any sin?

Jesus reveals himself to those who obey him.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

How does Jesus reveal himself to you? Do you have an experiential religion?

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are intentionally, thus deceivingly perverting what DHK and others believe in regard to the battle with sin. You are instead FALSELY trying to characterize what they believe to be joyful indulgence in sin. Hence, you have just sinned and the sin is called lying! Did you know that exaggerating is simply lying?

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What is an experiential religion?

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Moreover, what did you falsely accuse me of a couple of posts back? You are guilty of the very things you falsely accuse me. You show you do not have the ability righteously judge.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When you "experience" Jesus what happens?
    I know of individuals who claim they have seen Jesus standing at the foot of their bed. They have actually seen his physical presence, they say.
    But what they saw was a demonic representation of him. Jesus does not appear to us in that way today. Does he appear to you in that way. Do you see him? How do you "experience" Jesus?

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

When we are saved, we are changed. However, we still live in this body of sin and will struggle with sin until the day we die. There will not be a day that goes by that we will not struggle with it. I doubt there will not be a day that goes by that we will not sin. Can there be? I guess so. Yeah, we probably won't go murdering someone or committing adultery but I'm sure not every thought was pure.

If it were up to us to hold on to our salvation, then it would be that our salvation would ours based on our works and that is not based on grace. That would mean that Christ's sacrifice wasn't sufficient enough and we would have to add our works to it. I'd NEVER be able to stand before God and say "See how well I did?" Thank God I will never have to.

But as Paul said, that doesn't mean I have a free ticket to sin now. I don't WANT to sin. I hate sin. But I still do it anyway. As I mature in the faith, I may sin less but I will never not sin until I am out of this body of flesh.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I do not see Jesus. I do have a powerful testimony. What does your question have to do with the topic?

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, but excessive comforting the flesh so that one becomes lazy and irresponsible to their duties is sin.

If I am exposed to an indecently dressed good looking woman, I do have to resist a second look. I suppose you don't have this problem! You could inadvertantly turn on the TV or walk into a department store and never have to deal with any INWARD DESIRE to take a second look?????? You are a liar if you say you don't and YOU KNOW IT!

, Why yes, I sometimes have to deal with that in my life. Are you telling me you never DESIRE anything you don't already own. Do you have any credit card balances???? Did you buy things on credit that you could not afford?

I gave up ALL SIN as the PRACTICE of my life but I did not GET AWAY from sin because it is all around me and still inside me and I am not WITHOUT SIN simply because I AM NOT PERFECT EVEN AS GOD IS PERFECT but that is precisely what you are claiming.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

How long have you been a Christian? Do you want to be more than a conqueror?

I would love to talk more about sinning. I have to go for now and be back later today.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You were the one that said:
    How does he reveal himself to you?
    Do you see him?
    I am just trying to clarify "the revealing".
    God's revelation ceased.

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

NOT if one is a mormon/JW/RCC though!

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus says he will reveal himself to those who love him, and those who love him are the ones who obey him. See John 14.

What do you mean God's revelation ceased?

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Quoting it is all well and good but how do you interpret his words? In what sense do you believe Christ said they will "reveal" themselves? In a Visible sense? In a mental awareness? In special guidance when you write on this forum?

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Word of God says he will reveal himself to those who obey him. Jesus revealed himself to me. I do not want to derail this thread, which is about OSAS, but I did want DHK to clarify what he meant by saying God does not reveal Himself anymore.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Hebrews 1:1-2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
    --God spoke in the OT in different ways through the prophets.
    --In the NT, or in these days, he has spoken to us through his Son. Everything that we need to know about Christ is contained in the Scriptures. God does not reveal himself outside of the Scriptures.

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    --Revelation is placed at the back of the Bible. I believe that this warning therefore, is applicable not only to Revelation, but to the rest of the Scriptures as well.
    If any man shall add to the Scriptures God shall add unto him all things that are written in this book. It is a solemn warning. God's revelation has ceased. Don't try to add to God's revelation as the Mormons have done in their Book of Mormon. We have everything we need in the inspired Word of God (2Tim.3:16). God's revelation to mankind is closed.

18. Moriah

Moriah New Member

DHK,
    You quoted Hebrews; Hebrews say God speaks to us through His Son. Jesus says he will reveal himself to those who obey him. Are you saying Jesus was not speaking to us? If that is what you are saying, then you are wrong.

As for you bringing up the demonic religion called Mormons, that is about ANOTHER GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. The Mormons believe that an angel named Moroni gave them the other testament of Jesus Christ.

If you would like to speak more about what you are derailing my thread with, then why do you not make a new thread?

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First, we don't need four different threads on OSAS.
    Second, this one has reached 30 pages and needs to be shut down anyway.
    Third, it had been derailed some time ago anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.