1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Osteen Family Leaves Plane After Dispute

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by PastorSBC1303, Dec 21, 2005.

1. NateT

NateT Member

They should talk to Creflo, I hear he has 2 private jets, maybe they could get a deal :D

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Having been in retail in the past I have found customers to be less courteous to the sales people and the sales people to be less courteous to the customers than years ago.

3. atestring

atestring New Member

Many airlines have an attitude that says Customers have been rude to us therefore we will start being rude to them.
    If possible I only fly "Southwest Airlines "
    because they do not seem to have that kind of an attitude.

4. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

One of my many business plan ideas that I have
    copyrighted is to bring back customer service with incentives.

When a retail person ,agent, attendant get a really difficult situation and resolve it to the
    customer and company's best interest a bonus is paid...if that is in the back of the customer reps mind to turn a difficult situation to a "yes" then the incentive is there to be pro-active instead of the attitude of clumping them all together, which in reality is not the case.

Their are more and more difficult situations
    to the point where the customer takes the attitude of confrontation and shouting knowing they will be shuffled off to the side and rewarded...that has to stop.

Hey Southwest Airlines is not immune they have their problems like the rest of the carriers watch "Airline" I see plenty of mistakes by Southwest but I am on their side regardless since
    I am part of the Airline family.

Besides Southwest does not have first class...Southwests business plan does not cater to business passengers or first class passengers
    they do a good job of spelling out expectations... first come first served...point a to point b to point c to point d...back up in the air in 30 to 90 minutes...no frills....secondary airports...connections but with good turn around time. Problem with going up and down in the air...those 737's will and do
    wear out and maintenance may be good or it may be
    not so good.

Important that Southwest have great maintenance and replace ageing 737's in a timely manner.

[​IMG]the evil of corrosion with pressure then depressurization over countless times..something has to give...Aloha airlines 737

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Everyone seems to be forgetting that since 9/11, any kind of belligerence or movement toward the cockpit (if indeed that happened) is not tolerated. It has become a safety issue to airlines. One of the planes that left on 9/11 left from Dulles Airport here in the DC area, and it seems the plane that went down in PA was on its way to DC to fly into something. And the pentagon, just about 6 miles from me, was hit.

Passengers should be aware of this situation and control themselves, especially over minor issues, no matter what service they think they should have (as far as minor things go).

Of course Mrs. Osteen is going to say only positive things about the incident - her husband is "Mr. Only Think Positive Thoughts Or You'll Bring on Negative Things." He is New Thought all the way.

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am not going to be drawn into sledging the Osteen family, yet what I would put up for consideration, is if you were in their position, that you were wealthy because you were supported by a church or religious book sales, would you travel first class on an aeroplane when you travel.

I am not keen on the Prosperity Gospel. I have been told by a friend who is right into it that his whole plan to evangalise is to get wealthy and have others "want what he has got" that he might introduce them to Christ. I do not agree with that in any way shape or form, yet as silly as it sounds, many people who may well not admit it that are into the Prosperity Gospel do believe that same thing.

If TV evangalists want to travel first class go right ahead, I think I would take more seriously one that excersized better stewardship of money, without all the Bakker type excesses. You think that after the whole Jimmy Bakker affair, high profile Evangalists might be a little more carefull.

7. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Anyone who tries to go into a cockpit in this day and age, Is a fool.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Many times those first class seats are upgrades because of frequent flyer miles. I don't know in this case, but I have no problem with it either way.

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

As this discussion continues it sounds more and more like the news anchors on television trying to guess what happened in a newstory before the official version is made public.

They are usually just guessing.

10. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

You are I certainly see eye-to-eye on this one! Great post, Joseph! [​IMG]

11. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

I don't know if it is true of the Osteens or not, but most prosperity preachers teach that God wants them to be rich, and that they can be treated like it too.

I would ride first class if I could afford it, more leg room. But I would never treat stewardess like my servants.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Osteen is not just a properity teacher, he's in line with much of New Thought teaching, which is that if you think a certain way and speak a certain way, you can make it happen. This is metaphysical Mind Science belief, not biblical belief. Indeed, Osteen's father was Word Faith and Joel is, too, though his preaching is more like New Thought than the hardcore WF teachers around today. WF is also parallel to New Thought, so there is overlapping in these areas.

13. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

It is politically incorrect to call a steward/stewardess by the name that they are? LOL Someone needs an ego check.

First class or any class, flying this time of year is quite the challenge. When I fly at this time of year, the passengers are the least of the problems. It is usually the unenthused people at every step in the direction of the plane I need to get on. Most of them act like they are either doing me a favor or complaining because they have to be there. Um, do you *want* the job or not?

Flight attendants or whatever they holier than thou want to call themselves these days dont rate genuflecting when they allow the passengers to have a drink and a snack. THAT IS THEIR JOB. Those people paid for flights - and it is those people who will see to it that the airlines continue to stay in business. Talk about biting the hand that feeds...

I know very little about the Osteens, however I have seen more than a few people treated poorly. This is the first time I have heard that someone stood up and told them they werent going to take it. I say good for her.

14. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Holy cow A-pal. I lived on the island in 88 when Aloha Air suffered the traumatic event of 'going convertible'. That plane sat near the Maui airport for months with a tarp over it (although we could see underneath). Shocking and didnt really entice me to fly too much anymore. My ex works in the aeronatics industry and at the time, he was attempting employment with Aloha. Seems they just looked to other way when their mechanics had a few hits on the bong at lunchtime. I have never flown them since this incident.

I figure I take my life into my own hands when I fly, I shouldnt have to pay for people to be rude to me. Even if it just a spill.

15. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wouldn't Jerry Falwell fit into that category better? He had his own private jet at one time.

16. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

One thing I have noticed is Osteen's sermons are always "positive thinking", and if he mentions Christ it is only as a back drop to the "positive thinking" message.

17. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I wonder if my wife and I caused a disturbance on an airplane to the extent that we had to leave the plane, would the authorities be so kind as to hold the plane up so that our luggage could be removed? I doubt it. I think that if the average person caused such a disturbance, they would probably be detained at best, and arrested at worst.

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Or worse, simply repeating what one of their colleagues opined without bothering to check if it happened like that or not (or at all).

19. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Wouldn't Jerry Falwell fit into that category better? He had his own private jet at one time. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think you know what New Thought is. It has nothing to do with owning a private jet unless you believe that if you visualize it and claim it, you will own one (by the power of your thoughts and/or words -- affirmations). As far as I know Falwell has never taught New Thought or Word Faith principles. Osteen has and does. I'm talking about theology here, not being rich or owning jets. There are plenty of people who own private jets who are not New Thought or Word of Faith followers or teachers.

20. TomMann

TomMann New Member

I had to laugh because my wife's uncles's and his wife, Mary came to visit this past year. She is a Mormon and likes to listen to Joel Osteen. She thinks he's a great motivational speaker.

I personally think that if a Morman appreciates the message, I'd have to question the quality of the message.....