1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Other Denominational Boards

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by saturneptune, May 5, 2013.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, Yeshua brought up a good point to ponder. The first thing is, I am not going to label any individual or denomination as unChristian, because all factors consider, unless I am 100% sure. Besides that, it violates BB rules.

To answer your question, it is one thing for someone to come in here from another denomination, state their views and back it up with Scripture. It is quite another to not only do that, but go beyond that point and belittle Baptist doctrine. Also, this is not individuals. These are organized teams from the RCC and SDA/Pentecostal denominations that post for the sheer purpose of disrupting this board.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If I am not acting according to the rules, the moderators will inform me. I certainly need no advice from a wanna be theologean.

3. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yikes, 'organized teams' of RCC and SDA's on this board??? I only know of three other Catholic's on this board besides myself and one other SDA. All four of the Catholics came here as Baptists and then converted after being on this board for a significant period of time. To my knowledge, we have not 'organized'. Nor would I say we came here with the purpose of disrupting the board. Bob Ryan hasn't posted on this board for at least a year and I hardly think he is here to disrupt it either. His posts are well thought out and intelligent. I think he have a chuckle when he reads that you think he is part of the 'RCC conspiracy'.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

And notice I did not say you, the RCC or SDAs were not Christian.

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Teams?..... Just so you know there isn't a conspiracy against Baptist here. I was once a Baptist. I am no longer a Baptist and often actually all the time I'm defending a position rather than making one.

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have to admit - that was a side effect of the name-calling-solution being tried out here - that I did not anticipate.

But of course I do like Catholics and I do claim that there are saved saints among the Catholics as well as among the Baptists.

Maybe that is my "evil"? :jesus:

7. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    FYI the Godliest woman I have had the pleasure of knowing was SDA. She was a good friend of the Family and always tried to get me to read "The Desire of Ages" since I was about 15 when she learned I had become "born again". But beyond her and once visiting Collegedale, TN when I was at Lee. I've had no other connection to them.

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good to hear about that my friend. I too spent some time in Collegedale and in the Chattanooga. In fact to this day I am not much more than 2 hours away from it.

in Christ,

Bob

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Oh yeah, your posts really reflect that.

10. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you suggesting a conspiracy? Really? Wow... you might want to check that out.

Or are you suggesting that my post don't reflect that I was once Baptist? Which I was.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I too find it puzzling that someone would come to the "other denominations" discussion area and then complain that when they come here they find Christians from "other denominations" have opinions that differ with their own.

in Christ,

Bob

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    other CHRISTIAN donominations!

JW/MORMON' SDA all cults, not Christian!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can label word of faith/SDA JW Mormons as being biblical cults!

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

From a theological perspective, based on your posts, you probably find the sun rising puzzling.

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please don't misunderstand me in that post above where I am pointing out the obvious and in agreement with DrFuss - I in no way meant that free will would stop someone from simply resorting to name-calling as the whole substance of their response to the obvious point made in my post.

I do believe someone could actually choose that as the "substance" in their response.

Just so there is no confusion on that point.

in Christ,

Bob

16. Thinkingstuff

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know that this post may be misconstrued as an indication of an "alliance" of sorts despite obvious difficulty with that view. However, I found that response quite funny!!!!

Certainly, Other Christians of other denominations will naturally have differing opinions or opinions that stand in conflict with one another. That being the case, I also find it extraordinary that in a section specifically for those types of discussions that certain individuals would be offended by people offering different opinions. Especially when Saturneptune Him/herself expressed praise of this board doing just a thing so as to "expose" the beliefs of those with whom he disagrees. So to then complain about it seems contradictory.

As for me I respect his/her dislike for ideas which conflict with his/her own. Though honestly I don't know where the anger reflected in some of his/her posts comes from.

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just knew there would be someone else out there - not inclined to take all of this too seriously.

The cogitative-dissonance in this particular thread's OP (and given the context of where it is posted on the board )- provides a wonderful opportunity to let go of some of the drama on some of the other threads, relax and enjoy!

in Christ,

Bob

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My continue hope is that God led you here in order to see the truth of the Gospel and be set free!