1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Other Kids can learn from you postive examples

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by faithgirl46, Jul 2, 2005.

1. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When you act or speak in a kind manner to somebody, respect your elders, loved ones, you are showing God glory. You are also blessing not only the person you are kind to, but other people who see and hear what you are doing, and can follow your example. In church last Sunday, I heard that cruel words or actions can have a negative effect on 11 people. Kind words or actions can have a positive effect on 3 people.

2. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

When I was young, one of my classmates was overweight. The kids teased him and asked me to tease JM too. For the most part I refused. Jesus told me that there was no difference between somebody or myself teasing JM and teasing other people I knew that were overweight. JM returned my kindness when we were older.

3. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

I agree. By living out my faith more people see God's light than if I were to talk to them. I also think people respond better to actions than words. Becoming a Christian is the easy part living as a Christian is where it gets harder.

4. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

I totally agree God'sMusicGirl07 that it is hard to live as a Christian. In Society, we are always bombarded with all sorts of negative and unGodly messages, from tv we watch, to the music our friends listen to, we listen to to peer pressure to fit in with the crowd. I never used drugs or had the inclination to use drugs. I saw the damage drugs did to other people or their family and friends.

5. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

I can also say that I have never wanted to use drugs. It does not make sense to me to get high or stoned to only feel worse when you come off of it. I have also seen the result of drugs in other's lives. I go to a mission camp every summer and most years I have worked with young children. The effect of drugs in their lives broke my heart.

6. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

I understand you, God'smusicGirl. My cousins D & maybe her sister L had boyfriends who used drugs. At least one of the boyfriends maybe more died due to drugs.

7. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I see the effects that the drugs have on people and family's all the time, I could never put my family threw those things.
    I hope that the way that I lead my life would help others to see Christ and the difference he has made in my life.
    Kristen

8. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Kristen, you already have become a positive role model for your friends and others. Yes, they see Jesus in your life and actions.
    Faithgirl46

9. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

When I was in high school the kids wanted me to be ill mannered to a teacher that nobody liked. I refused. I knew that if I was rude to her, I would be in trouble when I got home. I also knew I would have to explain myself to Jesus.

10. faithgirl46

Site Supporter

Rita, the foster daughter of my neighbor has been through a lot in her 14 years. She was shuffled from foster home to foster home, some of which were not pleasent, her boyfriend assaulted her and she has a five month old daughter. Theough it all she has pulled herself up by the bootstrap and maintained an A/B GPA. She is in the ROTC and is going to go in the Army when she graduates igh school. If Rita can pull her self up after all she has been through, then so can you.