1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Our Passover’s Bone-Day …discussed on BaptistBoard

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The passover’s Bone-Day explains itself which was why <<the translation of the gospel will never be the same>>!! The translation of the Gospel is what proves it never will be same again! EXACTLY!

Here is some information for you which every Christian in the world has had in his possession for about a century long already.

Anybody with help of the internet can test the truth of what I am telling you now, for himself. You can prove it with only your own language, English!

Notice the changes made in the TRANSLATION of the New Testament since the end of the nineteenth century and start of the twentieth century. Now those changes are more obvious if the ‘old’ English translations are compared with translations of other languages of the twentieth century. For example, the first African language the Bible was translated in, was ‘Tswana’, and the Translator was Moffat, an Englishman missionary. He translated the King James Version. He did not translate the Greek.
    Changes or differences between the KJV and Tswana were insignificant.

Suddenly mid-twentieth century, changes became substantial and meaningful, and—above all—UNIVERSAL. The changes in the new English translation became very much the same than in Turkish for example. Or in Afrikaans, my tongue. Or in Dutch from which Afrikaans developed. And so in any language one can think of around the world.
    That proves all new translations came from an orchestrated and CENTRAL effort. In fact in those days the ‘dynamic equivalent method’ to translate the Bible started to get momentum.
    I was on the school benches then; had no desire to know about Bible translation then.

The market for new translations got bullish again in the seventies and eighties. And I was a ‘middle aged’. Now I have seen the New International Version by that time while the new Afrikaans translation was prepared for publication. This translation was way back in the fifties actually made a beginning with. So I warned specifically pertaining Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57, that the New International Version’s PERVERSION should not be followed, and that “when the even was come”, should not be made “as evening approached”—NIV, or, “late noon”—the New Afrikaans Translation of the fifties, ‘Die Blye Boodskap’!
    But what happened?
    The translators in reaction against their better knowledge and in agreement with the popular, universal trend, WENT AHEAD with copying the New International Version! ‘Die Bybel, Nuwe Afrikaanse Vertaling’ was published with Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 saying, “laat die middag”—‘late noon’ instead of “when evening had come”.
    What was or is the significance?
    The significance was that “ALL THIS…” WHICH WENT BEFORE “…happened the day before the Sabbath” (Living Bible), instead of all this which HAPPENED AFTER or which CAME AFTER Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31,38 Luke 23:50.

What did or does it mean?
    It means that where Jesus’ crucifixion and death had happened before the evening had come, his burial now also had happened before the evening had come.
    It means that everything which would and which eventually did happen after sunset (—that Joseph obtained the body of Jesus and in the closing of “that day” closed the grave—), now happened while it was “late noon” and ”evening was approaching”.

It means—AS THEY SAY—, that Jesus was ‘buried on Friday before sunset and the start of the Sabbath’.

It means Jesus was crucified and died and was buried THE SELFSAME DAY—‘Friday’. So that the Church observes Good Friday, Still Saturday and Easter Sunday—‘Resurrection Sunday’.

That is what you get when you CORRUPT the SCRIPTURES that say Jesus’ “WHOLE-DAY BONE-DAY” of the Passover-of-Yahweh was “the following day ye shall burn with fire that which REMAINED” of the Sacrifice and return the body to the earth, and inter and bury Him.

#21 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2015
  2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sapper Woody View Post
    Is this making any sense to anyone else?

Says who?

He who does not understand, of course.

And more probably has no desire to understand...

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    <<<...sure people have been going back to the Hebrew for a long time.>>>

And when they could not make progress, they resorted to the Greek of the 70 JEWS --- who also were clueless and at a loss to the TRUE meaning of the Hebrew.

Moses needed Christ to be understood; those Jews were clueless about Jesus Christ as well.

Ezekiel's bones in the valley of bones ...

Was it you who wrote <<holy men of God who wrote it under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit....every word of it, in some way, points to Christ...>>?

No? Well I'm <convicted> you were in agreement with <Convicted1>...

However, I can assure you this is, <<the first time in history anyone has looked at the Hebrew text>> from the perspective of the Bone-Day itself!

Check out my next post, DV.

#23 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 28, 2015
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    http://www.edenics.org/explore/articles/the-bones-of-the-day/
    The Bones of the Day
    You may ask, what does Passover have to do with China or the Chinese language? I know that you are a Root & Branch reader, so you are used to thinking globally and spiritually. Pay attention!
    Perhaps the most difficult passage in the entire Passover story of Scripture occurs in Exodus 12:17. Here, the Israelites, that tiny band of universal metaphors, are set to leave their oppressive site of slavery and degradation “b’eZTeM haYom haZeH”, in — literally translated — “the BONE of the day”. The word “eTZeM” means bone, from the first time that Adam uses the word in Genesis 2:23, and this Edenic term is the ultimate source for OSTEOMA (the bone tissue tumor) or the Greek bone, OSTEON.
    Most bible translations have a bone to pick with this difficult term, so they simply render it “on that selfsame day” or “very day” — either way their translations are absurd.
    Biblical scholars try gymnastics to compare the word to related terms that do mean “itself” (ATZMo) or OMeTZ, “strength.” [bold GE] They sorely need a prooftext in an actual language before they could understand this term, and other long ossified Semitic languages, like Akkadian, are no help.
    To the rescue comes the venerable language of Chinese, Earth’s number one spoken language, which replaced some consonants with rising and falling accents but otherwise changed little since it was refracted from the Edenic gem at Babel and spread with the most prolific son of Japeth. Chinese, like Biblical Hebrew, has large two-letter roots whose meanings form a theme when noting the many three-letter roots or like-sounding words that poured forth from the same source over the
    millennia.
    The Chinese root “zhong,” a reasonable match for the Tzadik-Mem Hebrew bone of contention above, has several relevant meanings. Among these are Middle Finger, Backbone, Center, Core, Noon and Midday. Yes, there is nothing wrong with translating Exodus 12:17 as “the bone of the day”, once we have the Chinese to teach us that the “bone” (eTZeM) is the middle and strong core (oMeTZ).
    Now we can understand that the Israelite slaves were meant to leave in the backbone or middle of the day. This high drama was set for high noon, lest someone think the slaves sneaked out on their own at dawn or twilight. This historic highlight was well lit for all the world to see, for all time.
    (This short essay was originally published by the Root & Branch Association’s information service, headquartered in Jerusalem, Israel. Check ‘em out at http://www.rb.co.il)

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You liked, or disliked it?

6. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I bolded a statement of yours above, because I'm curious. Just as a side bar, who exactly are the 70 Jews you are referencing here?

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The ('famous') ‘seventy (‘LXX’) men’ referred to by one Aristeas who called himself a ‘writer’ in a [fictitious?] letter, who in 72 days finished to translate “the Jewish Law” [which description for the OT Scriptures I doubt they would have used]. Anyway the LXX were actually 72— six ‘Jews’ out of each tribe of the children of Israel. Usually the ‘LXX’ or ‘Septuagint’ is claimed to be “the earliest version of the Old Testament Scriptures which is extant”. There are presumably a number of extant fragments of other copies of other translations by other translators who knows?

#27 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 28, 2015
  8. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Okay, so just so that I'm clear on this: You, a native speaker of Afrikaans, have discovered something in the Hebrew text that not even 72 men who lived in the 3rd century BC and who actively spoke Hebrew alongside Koine Greek were able to determine? Seeing as biblical Hebrew was a relatively in-use language up until the Roman conquest of AD 70, then these men would've known what they were talking about.

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...a majority of Old Testament quotes cited in the New Testament are quoted directly from the Septuagint..."
    http://www.septuagint.net/

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Correct; they did not know what they were talking about.

There are several reasons for stating this.

One. As you can see the story about the origin of the LXX is a bit of a fairy tale.

Finished in 72 days? Without Google?!

70 gentlemen, six out of each of twelve tribes?

Twelve tribes? By +-250 BC? Were there not by then 11 or just 1 tribe left? My history is bad.

Were there 66 books comprising the Law of Moses? My maths is worse than my history.

Nevertheless, states the foreword to my edition,

"We have now to speak of the labours of Origen in connection with the text of the Septuagint. This learned and enterprising scholar, having acquired a knowledge of Hebrew, found that in many respects the copies of the Septuagint differed from the Hebrew text. It seems to be uncertain whether he regarded such differences as having arisen from mistakes on the part of copyists, or from errors of the ORIGINAL TRANSLATORS THEMSELVES." [emphasis GE]

I think that will be enough for now. Anyhow there is more.

But you know what puzzles me most?

The fact the LXX translates the Hebrew Relative Pronouns which are used in conjunction with the Adverbial <phrasal construct> ‘etsem yom’, literally correct, with “THAT day” - ‘EKEINEH hehmera’ [[I’ll, DV., shall show you that later.]] But they literally REFRAIN from translating or trying to translate the <phrasal construct> ‘etsem yom’ ‘etsem’ and ‘yom’ - “bone and “day”, IN ANY WAY.

That means much more than meets the eye. That means exactly what does not meet the eye, so that exactly what the 70 thought they had COVERED up, THEY THEMSELVES would in the last analysis (and ‘last times’) have EXPOSED—which was, that they DID NOT KNOW what the <phrasal construct>, ‘etsem yom’, mean!

Therefore do not say I say I discovered the Bone-Day. Here you see who discovered it. THE TRANSLATORS!

The identical thing which happened with me and the TRANSLATION FRAUD that went on with “THE SELFSAME WHOLE-DAY BONE-DAY of Our Passover in the Gospels.

If somebody must be blamed for it, blame the translators. If someone might be thanked for it, you must rather thank God and his Providence than me.

#30 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 28, 2015
  11. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Well, the trick is you are basing this theory off a Hebrew construct, "etsem yom," that simply does not occur in the Hebrew, unless you begin disassociating the individual Hebrew. There are occurrences of "hayom" and occurrences of "b'etsem", sometimes in close conjunction, but never as simply "etsem yom," as you are arguing.

Didn't take much Google searching to find that one out.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hehehehe parrot!

You'd be a worse 'copyist' than those Origen had in mind. If you were a GOOD ‘copyist’ though, you would have had to COPY 18—that’s right, 18!—, REAL occurrences of the <phrasal construct> 'etsem-yom' --- to transliterate the phrase the way Dr Robert Young did in his ‘Analytical Concordance’. Or like Wigram transliterates it in his ‘Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the Old Testament', <"geh'-tzem>-inseparable-continued-after-by-<yom> in closed sequence of context!

I see those <advanced degreed> 'Jewish scholars' whom you are parroting here, have trained you well in their wayward ways. Maybe you are they! Surely thou art one of them for thy speech betrayeth thee.
    Ahhh! Therefore I shall wait and give you more rope to hang yourself with ---the very selfsame rope they, hanged themselves, with!

So give us here on BB what they say next ---they at whose candle thou lit thine own mighty sun.

#32 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 28, 2015
  13. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Sooooo...doing a search on Google means I'm now a "parrot?" Well, trying to have an actual debate and discussion over this just went out the window. Keep thinking you have discovered something no one else has ever seen in scriptures that men have been studying for thousands of years. I'm out.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you not see that he is a troll?

15. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I see it, Rev. I don't mind playing with the trolls from time to time, because I find it interesting the things they can throw out. Like GE's obsession with this unfounded "bone-day" or SBM's obsession with misquoting and misappropriating the scripture in 2 Cor 4:3-4. Doesn't mean I'm buying into it.

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very graceful exit!

Before you close the door behind you, just one thing that may give you some solace in your loneliness hereafter, Consider the simple truth the thing discovered has been something no one else has ever taken the pains to see in the HEBREW Scriptures and has been studied for thousands of years FROM THE GREEK LXX.

Please man. Then leave in peace, please man.

#36 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 28, 2015
  17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

What glorious image of the Gospel of Christ and God is smiling upon me now.

Ja.